Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
GR8LAKES FLYER

Generation "X" Wadd's

Hello all !!

This is my first submission , but it's more to obtain some advise . These are intended to swing for Greatlakes Steelhead . I trying to obtain maximum movement in slower current flows and the illusion of bulk without adding it , so the fly sinks like a rock . Your comments and critique is much welcomed !!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Mike

Don`t know anything about steelhead but those flies certainly look like the go!!!!!!!!!!!

wow that is some creative tying. I love the looks of them. I bet they have loads of movement in teh water

:bugeyes: love them i think that is exactly what you are looking 4. :headbang: :headbang: now tie some in orange and purple and send them to me and i will let you know how they work :j_k: could you post the patt. recipe please

Rocky

Hello all !!

This is my first submission , but it's more to obtain some advise . These are intended to swing for Greatlakes Steelhead . I trying to obtain maximum movement in slower current flows and the illusion of bulk without adding it , so the fly sinks like a rock . Your comments and critique is much welcomed !!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Mike

Hi Mike

Interesting shanks allways good to see some different. :thumbup:

A creative tie. These flies will give a different presentation to the fish.

Do you think that the tail will make the fly turn/spin? Let us here if the works (catch fish)

Regards

Jens

Thanks everyone for the vote of confidence !!

Damian ,

I've been lurking here for quite sometime now . Just finally decided to post . Some excellent tiers here , with great advise !! Great to see a familiar face .

Mike

Mike - Could you post a picture showing how you mount these in you vice while tying. I'm picturing the head of the vice a 90° (sideways) to hold the shank of the waddington. I assume that you tye the tail-hook first and then secure it to the waddington shank and finish the front part of the fly. I'd love to see a step-by-step on how you created these beauties.

I love the olive/green one.....I know they'll work on erie steelies, and Ontario fall run steelies for sure

Which great lakes are you fishing???

nice work for sure, and I hope to see some more of your work

Vern-O ,

I live in the southern Georgian Bay region and usually frequent the rivers that are within an hours drive from my home . Very rarely do I find the need to stray too far , but when I do , it's out to Lake Huron rivers , St.Mary's river or the north shore of Superior .

Again , thanks to all for the kind words !!!

Mike