Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Crotalus

Anyone have fly tying or fishing tattoos?

haven't seen the pic- BUT... I saw a genius down here with the Browning "Buckmark" symbol tattooed on his arm. I'm certainly not against body art, I have a few and so does my wife--- but sure as hell I ain't gonna put some company's mark on me without getting a hefty advertising fee!! For several years I've been thinking about a new tat, and working on some artwork involving a fly of some sort among other things. It just seems that lately the money needs to go toward things like food, shelter, and clothing rather than more ink.

Of course if, ferinstance, if I'd get a new rod per year for life, I'd get "Midwest Custom Flyrods" tattooed on my butt.... :blink: :headbang:

Of course if, ferinstance, if I'd get a new rod per year for life, I'd get "Midwest Custom Flyrods" tattooed on my butt.... :blink: :headbang:

Steve - You gotta first ask "How often do other people besides his wife see his butt? Do I want to exclusively advertise to his wife for the cost of 1 free rod per year? Will he go for the deal but have the tattoo on his forehead?"

just things to think about.

but, if you are looking for "free" advertising......I'll let you buy me a nice new car and wrap it all up in MWCF advertising!

Of course if, ferinstance, if I'd get a new rod per year for life, I'd get "Midwest Custom Flyrods" tattooed on my butt....

Hmmmmm I dunno. Let me ask you this first just so I can see how many potential customers I could reach. You and the wife wouldnt happen to be swingers by chance would you? because that would greatly increase the chance of me doing the rod deal for ya if I knew I would be able to reach the masses :hyst:

yup, that's a big a$$ fly... lot of work by the look of it. Hope he likes it. Only way to get rid of it now is with a fillet knife.

post-13757-1201746530_thumb.jpggot it the end of september in memory of my frist tailing redfish on my fly this summer...

i stalked his school for 20 mins in mud to get a fly in there

post-13757-1201746530_thumb.jpggot it the end of september in memory of my frist tailing redfish on my fly this summer...

i stalked his school for 20 mins in mud to get a fly in there

Very cool!

I have no tattoos, nor any inclination to spend money on one.

But if I were to get one for whatever reason, something flyfishing related would be high on the potentials list!

i wear i lot of low cut shoes w/ out socks ( sperrys, loafers ect)

and the its tailling above the top of my shoe

and my grandparents do know yet

I'm born in the year of the Tiger, so i have a Growling Tiger on my right shoulder. It be bad. Been wanting to get a Brook Trout on my left shoulder and i will soon as i can find somebody that knows what the hell a Brook trout looks like. "Knows" was the key word. I don't want just anybody to be followin' a pic. Thass like tyin' a fly from a recipe. I want imagination involved..............HIGHLY involved. I'm also gonna get two more. One on the inside of each arm.....Salmon flies.....but i gotta tye 'em first. And until i'm happy enough with my Salmon flies.....it's an "All good things...........................wait" type a deal. So, RRSS, are you up to do the Brookie????? Lemme know (PM). mark..... B) btw, i'll be in Michigan next month. Gotta show there for the Huron River Fly Fishers on the 23rd. Some town near Ann Arbor. :D later

if i get a tarpon this summer on fly ill get it on my right foot rolling,

i have every finger, and toe, arm, leg, ect crossed to ensure that i do get hooked up