Fly Tying
British mike

A threesome !

post-4021-1201446913_thumb.jpgThought I would share these three patterns that have evoked a lot of interest from the Virginia Beach speckled trout this year................. :yahoo:

Hope you like and as always any comments welcome

Mike........................... B)

Looks like three fish snacks to me :P

I hope to get out after them striper's at Virginia Beach next time I'm up there :headbang:

I love those folded foam headed flies for stripers and pike. Just curious how you put them together, I use super glue and it works okay for a while but the durability is lacking.

Hi Sean,

I have had durability problems but I have tried superglue to first set the head and then a thin coat of epoxy over the whole head after painting, so far its better but still not totally durable as its foam and as you know..........foam is foam........... :blink:

i look at it this way...............if one fly gets me a good fish then im happy with that. :P

Mike.................... B)

post-13630-1202067006_thumb.jpgThose are nice Mike, here are mine. Three that I use for Snook and Redfish.

Hmmm...we need to know how to cook them bottom two...they look good :headbang:

The shrimp is: cream craft fur, saltwater chrystal flash, EP shrimp eyes, Whiting saddle and the body is EP shrimp brush on a 34011 Mustad #2 and up to a 1/0.

The bottom is: a Kwan in olive and brown body with a tan craft fur tail marked with an olive and brown felt marker on a 3407 # 2 or 4 Mustad.

You can tell I really like red bead chain eyes, I paint them with Rust- Olum and I prefere Mustad hooks because they can be sharpened.