Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
tompa

A FAT THUNDER & LIGHTNING

:D Hi

Here's a fat thunder&lightning that I'm going to use now in april for seatrout in river Ljungan. When i tie flies for seatrout I try to make them fatter and more bushy than the more slim and streamlined salmon versions.

The tapering of the wing is still important though and I often use a longer body with more amounts of dubbing to make the wing impression fat.

On this fly I have also used the original templedog technique with folded wings.

Here's the dressing

tag: Gold Lagartun wire and fluo red antron

tail: Red fluro fibre

Body: 1/2 Lagartun copper flatbraid 1/2 black Lite Brite

rib: Gold lagartun wire

body hackle: Fluo orange badger

front hackle: Teal blue grizzly saddle

wing: pearl and root beer krinkle flash, bunch of fierybrown hair, Crayfish orange angelhair, bunch of black hair. Over the wing 3 strands of Peacock krinkle flash

sides: JC

head: Gold conehead size XS

tube: M+ XS FITS

Quite simple to tie, I usually massproduce them since spring fishing for seatrout often means sinking lines and bottom snagging.

Tight lines

//Tompa

post-1781-1201552852_thumb.jpg

WOW!!!!! what a pattern.........wild and KArazy in the best sorta way.........holly molly. I'd like to fish these things some time. I've never fished with a tube fly. Must be fun. You did a terrific job with this fly. I like it VERY much. mark..... B)

:D Hi

Here's a fat thunder&lightning that I'm going to use now in april for seatrout in river Ljungan. When i tie flies for seatrout I try to make them fatter and more bushy than the more slim and streamlined salmon versions.

The tapering of the wing is still important though and I often use a longer body with more amounts of dubbing to make the wing impression fat.

On this fly I have also used the original templedog technique with folded wings.

Here's the dressing

tag: Gold Lagartun wire and fluo red antron

tail: Red fluro fibre

Body: 1/2 Lagartun copper flatbraid 1/2 black Lite Brite

rib: Gold lagartun wire

body hackle: Fluo orange badger

front hackle: Teal blue grizzly saddle

wing: pearl and root beer krinkle flash, bunch of fierybrown hair, Crayfish orange angelhair, bunch of black hair. Over the wing 3 strands of Peacock krinkle flash

sides: JC

head: Gold conehead size XS

tube: M+ XS FITS

Quite simple to tie, I usually massproduce them since spring fishing for seatrout often means sinking lines and bottom snagging.

Tight lines

//Tompa

hi Tompa

Great T&L . :thumbsup:

That pattern will kill seatrout not only in the spring but all ways (in various sizes ofcause).

I would put in a few straw of Copper flash as well.

Regards

jens

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this