Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
duckydoty

Rolling Stones!!!!!

I went fishing with a buddy (motroutbum) today on the North Fork of the White River. We were polish nymphing and using some stone flies that he had tied up. They were working pretty good. After motroutbum rolled over one stone we found out why. He found both of these bad boys under one rock smaller than a baseball. After that find, I think we need to beef up the size of flies we were using.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

duckydoty

Those are some meaty "buggers" great shots DD and some inspiration for me for a realistic ..... :headbang:

All the best

Mike.............................. B)

I thought some of the realistic tyers might enjoy some of the shots. I personally had never seen a real stone fly nymph so I had no idea that they were soooo big. They are now perserved for future tying reference.

duckydoty

Pteronarcys nymphs. Friendly beasts, actually. Shredders of course particulate organic matter, although they will eat an invertebrate or two. Ask them nicely, they'll do your shopping for you.

Cheers, Ethan

Hi Ethan-

Aren't you emerging a bit early from winter hibernation? In any event, it's great to see you are up and about.