Fly Tying
Leif Ortenholm

Spiders from Leif

Hi al,it was a long time ago i was here and posted.Uffe thanks for the help finding back to the place al started...

im up with tying Swedish Spiders that we have and ofcource they will be found around the globe...

Here is the giants in Sweden.The two Dolomedes spiders that we have.

Its also called raft spider or fishingspider and in Swedish kärrspindel..

The first one is a Dolomedes fimbriatus and is and have a ok population,the females of this can be up to 23mm in body and they are very sturdy.80mm betwen back leg point and front leg point.

The second one is a Dolomedes plantarius,its very rare and the spider is red listed.

This one is even little bigger and a female can be up to 90mm betwen back leg point and front leg point or if you prefere betwen left side leg to right side leg points;)..

The body is also even more sturdy than fimbriatus and the collours is dark brown to almost totaly black..

I f you see smal ones next time you fishing a lake half this size several at one time..males,look around and you will soon find the big female and you gonna think its someone joking with you.

This is little funny spiders because they like to fish just like we do;)

I tied this ones on a TMC size 10 206 BL.some chenile,diffrent dubbing and cheep fleece..

IPB Image

IPB Image

Leif

Hey Leif,

Fantastic looking spiders :bugeyes: :bugeyes:

And the best thing YOUR BACK!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbup:

Johan :drunk:

Okay, I've got to ask, are the spiders tied or real. I don't see a hook on either. I do see a hook in the cigar in the avatar, so I'm guessing we've got a tied cigar that isnt real, but I'm lost on the spiders. Leif, you're either a good real life photographer or a good photographer and a great realistic tyer. Tell me which.

Ray