Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fred H.

Grass Shrimp Swap

Grunt sent addy ,swap is now closed at nine. was hopeing to hold out for twelve but not fair to you guys

already finishing your flies. Please toe tag and send in return prepaid envelope or box.

Thanks, Fred

Fred I spaced on sending the flies so they are going in the mail tomorrow, I tied 12 so keep the extras for your troubles. thanks for hosting

I've just recieved flies from Bassturd and Grunt.I included my fly for the swap in the picture as well.post-11886-1205196939_thumb.jpg

Grunt's is the pink one

Bassturd's is top right

Great job you guys

you might be intersted to know I field tested my grass shrimp pattern with my R&D team(group of bluegill that stay by my dock just under the feeder) and they concur its a fish catcher.The smaller fish were not able to take the fly so it was able to get down to the bigger fish.These fish feed almost exscluively on food from the feeder and rarley take any other offering.I was pleasently supprised.I hope all will have similar sucess with it.

:crazy: Its amazing that you can turn into such a DETAIL oriented person tying flies. A millimeter to short, not enough legs, that eye isnt the same as this one, etc. :wallbash: I just have to keep telling myself that nothing in nature is exactly the same. Makes me feel better. :huh: Oh well to late to turn back now. Almost finished the end is in sight :cheers: Main thing is I feel each one will fish well Hope to have them in the mail next week. Unless the fish keep bitting like today :D

Fred,

Since we only need nine, how about we meet at Acadiana Day (April 5 - Acadiana Fly Fisher's Field Day in Lafayette, LA), and I'll tie them there.

Kyle

Kyle ,I plan to be there ,but of course I had planed to be at the Red Stick and then life happened .But it sounds good .God willing I'll be there.

Fred

Got mine finished , If you will please send me an addy I will head them your way next week

If i get a chance I'll take a picture of them, and post it .,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,B,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I dropped mine in the mail today. They are coming by Air so you could have them by weeks end.

Once they are sent out I will post a link to the pattern I used incase anyone wants to tie them......Kerry

By the way they may be a little large for smaller Bluegills as well. The patterns I found were for larger species so I tied accordingly....

Got some great little disco shrimp from Fowlmood today.Man are you Bluegill guys gonna be sorry you didn't get in on this one.post-11886-1206661725_thumb.jpg