Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
tompa

Dyed some material and tied me some flies

:D Hi all

Yesterday was spent dying hair and feathers since my "flytyingclass" has left som pretty big holes in my stock. Of course I had to test them and they all worked fine. I´m especially happy with the material for the Pahtakorva. This one is probably the best Pahtakorva I´ve ever tied :thumbsup: Have to post a single pic on that one.

When I say "flytyingclass" I´m talking about my two disciples. They are in their mid 20s and last year they wanted to learn how to flyfish for salmon, and also to tie salmonflies. Since I´m old :wheelchair: I took upon me to teach them as best as I can. So now we have tying classes and casting clinics together.

Also we make trips to river Ljungan and Norwegian salmon rivers to practise what we learn. It´s actually quite fun. They learn very quick and they are eager. Since I´m ex military the teaching is based on learning by doing and drill, it seems to work. :lol:

Anyways, here are some flies tied with the new materials. From top left then clockwise. Green&Grey, Pahtakorva, Greenlander, Nightdiver.

post-1781-1203272500_thumb.jpg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this