Fly Tying
Harold Ray

Another great picture from Billy Sandifer, Texas PINS fishing & wi

:unsure: Unbelievable......thats pretty cool stuff, waiting for my brothers to get a pic like that, oh wait I'm in WI and we don't have mountain lions in WI, just ask the DNR :ph34r:

"The devil cat of the Ozarks!" (reference for those who've read Where the Red Fern Grows)

Very cool pic, though!

And very funny, mwtroutbum. I'm in Wisc, too.

:o now that it a cool photo.....what is the date on the photo cant really tell do you know harold????

mike :D

BTW NY is under that " there are no cugars ,mountain lions etc etc in NY too category"

BTW NY is under that " there are no cugars ,mountain lions etc etc in NY too category"

Don't say that mnorton! Just last November, 2 of the guys from this forum were out here fishing. A few days later they tell me they saw one, and I said "we don't have those here." now, i might have to admit they were right! <_<

by the biologist accounts and all the state depts. for outdoors there are NO MTN. LIONS EAST of the mississippi..... :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

There are mountain lions in NY I have seen one but i was in my car so did'nt worry much.I would hate too turn around and see that behind me.

what is the date on the photo cant really tell do you know harold????

M,

Billy sent the picture to me on the 19th; he had just gotten it from a friend who checks his trail cameras a couple of times a week to weekly, so I imagine the photo had been taken anywhere from the week before to a month or so ago.

But, that's a guess, too, because I can't read the date either, and Billy didn't tell me when it was taken. I'm sure its pretty recent because Billy doesn't usually hang on to the photos long before sending them out.

Ray

wish we could see something like that here in michigan but dnr says we don't have any either

We're getting quite a few here; they're spread across Texas. I had a friend come in the other day who owns a ranch on the edge of town. He wanted a medicine to knock a couple of lions out so he could move them. He's not going to shoot them; most people here don't because they serve a purpose. We've got tons of deer, and deer are mountain lions main diet item. Billy Jack has two strolling thorugh his front yard a couple of times a day.

That is a really awesome trail camera photo. I wish we could see what happened next. Do you suppose the deer spun around when the flash went off?

There are most definately Mt. Lions in New York State. They're seen quite regularly. Not often, but annually. mark..... ;)

Riffleriver_ _ _ - You're right, none in Michigan(direct quote from the DNR). I fish alone on the small streams North of Cadillac. I've heard they only prey on old folks, so I wear a hat to cover what's left of my grey hair and sing the latest rap song when I'm in the woods. Has worked so far. Seems to keep other folks away, too.