Fly Tying

flat wing swap

Bassturd,

Please send an addy when you get a chance. I've got to sit down and finish up my tying for this one so the flies are in the mail by the 1st or 2nd to meet the deadline.

Thanks.

Dan

bassturd:

I seem to have done a bit of a swap overload. I will be finishing my swap duties by the end of the month. The Flat wings are up next. I will pick my pattern out next week.

Student4evr

Hi bassturd;

I'm almost done with flies, please email address.

I should be able to mail out by saturday.

Thanks;

Wayneb

Dnthmn and Wayneb I have pm'd you both my address I cant wait to see what everyone else is submitting

Just finishing mine up can you PM me the address please.

Same here, addie please! :P

RDL and RonC23 and Linesides I have sent you my address

There are only 15 days leftin this swap. I have recieved sets of flies so far including mine. Justa few more sets and they will be back on their way to you guys.

bassturd:

Am about to get going on tying my set and will get them in by the deadline. Might as well get your address now.

Thanks,

Bill

Bassturd,

It looks like I may be a bit late getting my flies in. I woke up this afternoon before work and found that my cats had gotten a hold of the flies and chewed them to hell :angry: . I'll get my re-tying done and get them in the mail this weekend. They may still make the deadline but they will probably be a few days after.

My apologies.

Received flies today from wayneb.

dnthmn no problem I will wait till thety come in thanks for the heads up

Hi All;

Before entering this swap, I hadn't fished a flat wing streamer. I recently tested my tie and found that it has some interesting aspects.

First, it seem to have a lot more drag in the air than I expected! I thought my tie would work well with a 6wt but when testing with a 7wt found it was more suited to 7wt and above.

Secondly, it has some tantilyzing effects in the water! the action is soo different from any other streamer I've fished!

Can anyone else share thier views/opinions on this style of tie? Under what conditions do you find it most effective? ie, stillwater/moving water,depths,water clarity?

I'm glad I joined this swap and can't wait to see others offerings in the swap!

Thanks in advance;

Wayneb