Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
sulfernut

Fly Tyer's Dungeon

FTD's website has been saying "hold off buying Skeeter-Fuzz"...new colors coming"...Despite several e-mails to them,asking WHEN these new colors might be available,I have heard nothing. I thought there were one or two members here,who knew these guys personally...???

Sulphernut

I've been trying to order stuff for months, last I heard the package went missing then nothing, I've emailed twice this month and once last month and heard nothing. I'm on the verge of giving up. Shame really as there stuff is very good.

However they've been saying that they've been having computer problems.

I ordered some skeeter fuzz earlier in February 2008 and it's now Feb 25th and no goods. I've sent numerous emails without a reply. The transaction went through, they have my money but I have no skeeter fuzz. I hope they are just having computer problems and not business problems. I was really looking forward to that skeeter fuzz. I had heard it was wonderful dubbing.

Doc Logik!! Skeeter Fuzz IS indeed great stuff!! I ordered a "Christmas Gift Box" from the FTD and although it took 4+ weeks to arrive,I thought that with the excellent pricing,and quality that it would be worth ordering some more. The Skeeter Fuzz is without a doubt the finest grained synthetic dubbing I have ever worked with! When teased apart a bit,it almost resembles spider web silk! The ease with which it goes on the thread is remarkable. After trying it out,I was quite anxious to grab some more in more colors,so I went to the website to place an order,and saw that they were recommending that customers "hold off on ordering" as they were going to introduce new colors...That was right after Christmas!! Since then,I have sent them several e-mails asking just when these "new colors" might become available. You know the rest!!

Sulphernut

Put in a request to JStockard...they might be able to get it , plus you can't beat their customer service.

Stockard is great, but as far as I know the products of Fly Tyers Dungeon are sold directly by FTD to consumers, and not distributed by any other outlet.

I heard from those cats today. Evidently they cannot ship the "new colors" for another two weeks. They asked me what I wanted to do. I told them ship me the fuzz when it arrives. It took them a while but they finally did get back with me. I can't wait to see this stuff. I'm wondering if their "old" colors had a color-fastness problem and maybe that is why they have not been shipping their current colors. Just a hunch.

Stockard is great, but as far as I know the products of Fly Tyers Dungeon are sold directly by FTD to consumers, and not distributed by any other outlet.

That's why their pricing is so darn competitive. They cut out the middleman. Smart, very smart. Marketing and keeping up with demand will most likely be their biggest obstacles if this stuff is as good as you say it is.

That's why their pricing is so darn competitive. They cut out the middleman. Smart, very smart. Marketing and keeping up with demand will most likely be their biggest obstacles if this stuff is as good as you say it is.

Yes. In fact, more than competitive, their prices are downright cheap when you consider the amount of dubbing and other materials they put in each pack.

I got their gift box this year and am amazed at the quantities, as well as the variety.

(I got lucky--my gift box came quickly. I would order from them again, but would certainly take their slow turnaround time into account.)

They do blend dubbing for private parties also Montana Fly Doug Swisher even me etc...

I also ordered one of the Christmas packs, but I still haven't gotten it. :dunno: I emailed in early Feb. and was told a replacement would be sent out immediately. It's March now, and still no kit. I just emailed them again, so I'll see what happens. I've only heard good things about them, and their prices are great. I also like the idea of supporting a small business instead of a megastore. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I finally received my Fly Tyer Dungeon order. Nice stuff! One thing though, everyone has said how much material they give you...

Hmmm, if anything, it's less than what many companies put in the package. The dyeing quality is....so-so...not great just ok. The grey color was not an even color at all...very poor actually. The general quality of the materials is just ok to. Has anyone elase seen this?

If you are in a hurry, don't bother ordering from this guy. You might possibly wait upwards of 10-12 weeks to get your order. He lies about your order, gives you a song and dance about having a full time job, the family is sick, yada yada yada. He takes his good old time getting your items ready to ship.

Last spring, after having placed an order in November, I requested my money back. He gave me a refund, and had the audacity to tell me to never place an order with him again. What a clown.