Fly Tying
MfishP

Peak vise

Is there anybody that uses these?Are the jaws flat like my Renzetti? or are they grooved like my Dyna-King Kingfisher?Any help would be appreciated.Also what are the jaw surfaces on the HMH line like-grooved or not?

+1 for the Peak. I've had mine for over a year and love it. I can not see what a $200-300-400-500 vise can do that this $140 vise can not. It appears to be bulletproof, as long as a small dose of "common" sense is applied. I have the standard jaws and have tied hooks ranging from .015 to .047 with no problems. (size 20 1xfine dry fly to 2/0 heavy salt stainless)

things I wish were a little different- The tension adjustment ring should have a finer thread. It seems a little turn of the nut makes a big difference in tension. I think the adjuster should also have a slight texture to it, to provide more tactile feedback. I keep a tiny spot of teflon-based gun grease on the cam surfaces of the locking lever too. I found that without it, the adjustment will slightly loosen every time the lever is "opened"... it's not really an issue but it gets a bit annoying when tying a bunch of the same size/pattern at one time. A little bit of lube fixes it. Just like with most things in life. Peak should include a material clip with the vise, not as a $10 accessory.

HMH makes the best vise ever!!!!!! the jaws are flat. Peak is good to. but the HMH will be the last vise you will ever need to buy!

I have no complaints about my Peak. It is the only rotary that I have spent time behind so I cannot compair it to others. It is a cool tool.

I traded my Peak in for an HMH......much happier now!......and yes the HMH has flat jaws......feel free to PM me with any other questions