Streamers

IPB Image

Egg/Nymph

IPB Image

Spey/Nymph other side

IPB Image

One big happy family

IPB Image

I saw the pics of other boxes here so I thought I would add mine. Not the best pics but I will be working on that. I decided to get down to basics and stick to what really works for me. The egg box is alittle light because I had to get out and fish some. Just havent stocked it back up yet.

Sweet Collection! Throw some olive Sparrows in there with the olive buggers for them hold over fish this time of year in the upper Elk. Love the Leeches and Clousers :headbang:

nice boxes! IN the egg/nymph picture. In the nymph box, in the bottom left hand side there are some green/chartreuse flies, what are they? The one that are pretty long looking.

Thanks at lot!

Phil

Those are a secret. They are stones using yellow hackle for a tail char icedub body with gold rib, hot orange ice dub for a thorax peacock herl wing case. Done up on a Mustad 9672 size 8 and 12. Thats been a very nice fly for me here in OH and up on the Elk. They really like to take it on the swing. Sorry the Sparrows didnt make the cut. They were added last year and just got put aside.

Sore Arm those sound cool!

I was asking because they look like a fly I sometimes use. (from what I could see of them) I tie basically a hares ear on a tiemco 200r (8-14) with a chartreuse dyed hares mask. For the thorax I use seals fur of various bright colours, and top it off with a beadhead. For a rib I use a fine gold wire, or fine pearl mylar (the stuff uni puts out).

Just to make you feel good, my secret is out too! lol

Phil

:headbang: :headbang: Its offcial, I have not tied even close to enough :lol: And now I have the visual proof :blink: . Seriously, nice looking ties and good luck with them all

Phil sounds like we are on the same page. The next 2 days looks pretty good for fishing around here but on Wed the temps are supposed to go way down. I'll try and get a pic up for you, along with acouple others. Nothing that will catch ant fish though :)

Do you wish you were fishing while tying? Than wish you were tying while fishing?

And i thought i was the only one who felt guilty. :lol: I've always felt that way winter fishing at 3 am.

Brent

In the winter yes. I stand out in the 34 degree water with the air temp the same, if I am lucky, thinking of my warm dry windfree tying table with a hot cup of coffee at my side. As I sit in the chair thinking about the tugs I could be getting instead of the headache I am receiving. To get over this I say to myself there will be better days. I got out Sunday around 10 or so. Stood at the bank BSing with anybody around waiting for the slush to burn off. Burned off at 1 and got in. Fished to 4 with five fish to hand. Checked the river at 7 am Monday morn and looked like a slushy again. So looks like another day of the same ahead.