Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mswaterfowler

FIRST FISH ON A FLY ROD!!!!!!!!!&#

i went fishing the other day and was talkin to my friend for a while but he had to go...so i decided to keep on fishing...i little bit later i was stripping the fly in and i saw a flash of green ... a little bass had missed my fly, so i casted right back to the same place and picked up a little brim... abou ten minutes later i caught a pretty good bass...at least for the lake....it was the second time ever that i had fly fished, and the first fish, and i was so psyched(sp?) I THINK I AM HOOKED ON FLY FISHING!

That's great!!! Keep it up :headbang: !!

I've always wanted to stop and fish when I've driven through Oxford. There's some really fishy looking water there around HWY 78 and 45(I think it's 45) that ought to keep you busy for a while.

Ah yes. I wish I could experience that feeling again.

riffleriver...Ditto that. Nothing has broken the bank so much as fly fishing. But no hobbie has been worth as much for me either.

The first one is probably always the best. I remember my first, I was fishing for browns on a pretty productive stretch of river, and decided to take a break. I sat down on a rock in the middle of a stream and lit up a stick, my fly sat about 12 feet away dangling in the water, a very poorly tied muddler. All of a sudden, whammo, a 9 inch smallmouth. I cranked him in and stood there grinning like an idiot, never caught a trout that day, but my 1 smallie was enough to keep me going back, over and over.

Congrats on your first fish :)

Congrats, you'll never forget it. I still remember my first fly rod fish. A little 6" brook trout from the Au Sable river in Grayling 18 years ago that took a joes hopper just downstream of Burtons landing. Seems like yesterday B)

congrats and now you will be broke the rest of your life

I Concur,............. :huh:

and to make the catch even better , it was on a fly that i tied!

Now You will need a loan........and u will be really broke :wallbash:

Just kiddin....Enjoy, take mental pictures writ long lavish stories, maybe you can sell it to help pay for your new habits....Seriously congrats, Enjoy your lifelong membership to the International Society of Trout Bums

my 1st fish was a largemouth bass with nothing large about him. he was about the size of your brim haha. still awesome tho! glad you are hooked

gills are one of my favs to fish for also. I don't mind a good ol creek chub either! had a couple fight way harder than some bass I have caught. heres the 1st "large"mouth I caught on a fly rod. I found the pic earlier today.

post-12314-1205900596_thumb.jpg