Fly Tying
NineZeroSeven

What's in YOUR name?

I'm curious - what's the story behind the handles we use here in the forums? There are some I've speculated about, tried to figure out what may be the story behind them... I've tried to search for a thread that may have addressed this question in the past, but haven't found anything - if you know of one, let me know.

For me - it's been a lifelong dream to move from Indiana, where I was born and raised, to Alaska. When we finally moved here, two years ago now, I changed my handle to NineZeroSeven - the telephone area code for all (as far as I know) of Alaska. It represents the realization of a lifelong dream, much of which centered around the outdoors, hunting and flyfishing. :yahoo:

So that's my story, what's yours?

I like to kill ducks.

Then pluck em

Then marinate them in Mountain Dew and Margaritas

Then stuff them with jalepeno peppers and cheese

Then wrap them in bacon and grill them

Then eat em

duckydoty

I also have a dream of moving from Indiana to Alaska; however, my wife is not to hip on the idea. Seadog is a nickname I had while stationed in Hawaii in the Marine Corps.

wanted to use my nickname "sparky" but couldn"t when signing up :dunno: ...so I did what Fred did and took the lazy route. :hyst:

Mike :D

GOOD POST I WONDERED ALSO NOW I KNOW

The obvious - I'm originally from Scotland and I tie flies

The sneaky wordplay - There is a famous steam locomotive called the 'Flying Scotsman' ...

You just need to add 'ty' to get from 'Flying Scotsman' to 'Flytying Scotsman'.

Pickin6, yours was the second handle that came to mind when I started this thread, the first? Leaky waders - gotta be a good story behind that one - I just know leaky waders here makes for a lot worse day than it did where I come from...

Great stuff guys - keep 'em comin!

There are two predominant hatches in my baliwick...the Sulfer and the Trico....I was signing up on the forum at work,and had to go quickly,if you catch my drift! So Sulfernut came quickly to mind....It could have just as easily been Tricotramp!! :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

Sulfernut

PS....I hope this thread keeps going....It will satisfy alot of curiosity,I'm sure!! Keep 'em comin' guys and gals!

I'll reply out of obligation, not out of "hey, my reason is better than yours!"

Mine is simple too......Oatka Creek is the closest year round brown trout water in my area. And, since i've used it for over 10 years, i'm too lazy to come up with a new one.

I'll reply out of obligation, not out of "hey, my reason is better than yours!"

Mine is simple too......Oatka Creek is the closest year round brown trout water in my area. And, since i've used it for over 10 years, i'm too lazy to come up with a new one.

Have you at least gotten a new hat?