Fly Tying
NineZeroSeven

What's in YOUR name?

Fly fishing is my first love but having a nice glass, or bottle(s), of wine is a close second.

winefly

I was a Marine rifleman in the Walking Dead Battalion of the 9th Marines in Vietnam. Two Purple Hearts. There are no ex-Marines. Once a Grunt always a Grunt.

I'm lazy, too. First and middle name. People, other than those related to me, started calling me this when I was in the Navy and it stuck.

I'm a carpenter and was working on some vacation homes for the local flyshop in western maryland, Savage River Outfitters. A lot of people that came their said the "eastern fly" hatches on that river where very good. Some better that theirs. I used it.

Well Lucky has been nick name since high school. no it wasn't because of that. My last name is Lucht. Lucky was taken so I used the same numbers I always do when Lucky is taken.

Wicked meaning.... Dame that's wicked! Everyone one on my Crew had a nick name.

I could have went with my C.B handle I had when i was a kid....Dirty Bird. I was a 7 year old with a Sailors vocab.

Brent

I am inactive NSA and my birthdate is 1st of Feb 1958. So the handle of xspook2158 was just natural for me

Jeff

Pretty simple for me: TX - I live in Texas (for the last 12 years) and Engr - I'm an electrical engineer. Pretty boring actually.

b.p.

My initials are SW and 0352 is the numerical designation of my MOS (job) when I was in the Marine Corps.

ok mine is self explaining except the typo :hyst: I live right next to the Rifle river and as many people around here know if there is one steelhead in the river I am the one persn who will catch it I been here 30+ years spent my childhood in the same house I live in now so I know the river well

Guest Big E

No story here, just a big ole' country boy whose first name is Eric.

My avatar on the other hand is kind of interesting. His name is called Flat Eric and was popularized over in England with Levi's commercials.

My friends gave me a Flat Eric some years ago for my birthday and he spent most of his time riding in the passenger seat of my Jeep Wrangler. I shoved his legs down the passenger side grab handle so that you would see him out the windos. Seemed to get a good chuckle at stoplights and out on the trail.