Fly Tying
NineZeroSeven

What's in YOUR name?

Uh... let's see...

I was born, raised, and spent the first 48 years of my life in Arkansas...

I love to fly fish...

I'm a guy...

Funny, but I just use my name on other forums.

my screenname "letumgo" is an abreviation of the phase "Let Them Go". I'm at catch-and-release fisherman, so almost every time I catch a fish, I "letumgo". For me the joy of fishing is in the preparation (fly tying and rod making), the stalk, hook-up and fight with the fish. I don't like killing the fish who have brought me so much joy. It always puts a smile on my face to see a fish swim away, after I've had a chance to take it's picture... ;)

mines easy just spelled differently and all the other spellings were already taken by others

I'll reply out of obligation, not out of "hey, my reason is better than yours!"

Mine is simple too......Oatka Creek is the closest year round brown trout water in my area. And, since i've used it for over 10 years, i'm too lazy to come up with a new one.

Have you at least gotten a new hat?

Nope, but I'll sell it to you! :P

Genesis 1.20 the fifth day in the bible when God created fish. Thus day5 short for day5flies

OR!

D5 the number in Oatka's vending machine at work that dispenses oreos.

(oatka was it oreos or tampons???)

Genesis 1.20 the fifth day in the bible when God created fish. Thus day5 short for day5flies

OR!

D5 the number in Oatka's vending machine at work that dispenses oreos.

(oatka was it oreos or tampons???)

I think it was tampons, because that reminds me more of you than oreos do!!! :P

3/4 of my great-grandparents came to the US from some area of Finland (or Russian-occupied Finland). I'm roughly 65% Finn myself, so I searched for some Finnish words that seemed to mean "trout fisherman" on 6 of 8 translation websites. (the only Finnish I know other than counting, I learned from grandpa while helping him log - not suitable for a "family" website. :lol: )

Sooo, hopefully, Purolohi Kalastaja means "trout fisherman".

-PK for short (and for those who can't pronounce it...day5)

3/4 of my great-grandparents came to the US from some area of Finland (or Russian-occupied Finland). I'm roughly 65% Finn myself, so I searched for some Finnish words that seemed to mean "trout fisherman" on 6 of 8 translation websites. (the only Finnish I know other than counting, I learned from grandpa while helping him log - not suitable for a "family" website. :lol: )

I know PK is the short version, but in my head I always say "Purolohi Colostomy Bag." it's your own fault for picking such a hard name. :D

hey, no one ever told me I couldn't share the thoughts inside my head! :ph34r:

hey, no one ever told me I couldn't share the thoughts inside my head! :ph34r:

:gun_bandana: Hey, Oaktoe, stand over there, would ya?

Over there, in front of that piece of paper with what looks like a silhouete of a person with all the numbers inside concentric circles. I'll take your picture with the camera with the long skinny lens. Don't worry about the orange and red flames coming out of the lens - that's just the flash, buddy. :lol:

I'd like to hear about Juice's name. The avatar fascinates me, being a Pistols fan.

Over there, in front of that piece of paper with what looks like a silhouete of a person with all the numbers inside concentric circles. I'll take your picture with the camera with the long skinny lens. Don't worry about the orange and red flames coming out of the lens - that's just the flash, buddy. :lol:

I like getting my picture taken! :help:

I was a Marine rifleman in the Walking Dead Battalion of the 9th Marines in Vietnam. Two Purple Hearts. There are no ex-Marines. Once a Grunt always a Grunt.

I was with 1/9 also during the Desert Storm/Desert Shield. Still couldn't fly our colors.

Mine is just an anagram of my last name. Yonts = Stony. If I use my whole name, I get Stony Rice. (Eric)

I was a Marine rifleman in the Walking Dead Battalion of the 9th Marines in Vietnam. Two Purple Hearts. There are no ex-Marines. Once a Grunt always a Grunt.

I was with 1/9 also during the Desert Storm/Desert Shield. Still couldn't fly our colors.

Mine is just an anagram of my last name. Yonts = Stony. If I use my whole name, I get Stony Rice. (Eric)

I went to the reactivation ceromony at Lejune last year. The Walking Dead walk again. Some of us old grunts are staying in touch with the young grunts. They will be in the sand soon

Grunt