Fly Tying
NineZeroSeven

What's in YOUR name?

I'm also glad that you brought this up. I didn't know what I was doing when I first found this site (I still don't know much) I got confused when I was registering. I meant to use my signature "netabrookie" as my name and Tony in Va as my signature,but..... I guess the "netabrookie" kind of explains itsself. I tried to guess at some of the names, but some were way above my head. I was wrong on the "picking6", I figured it was a creel limit, and "oatka" really had me baffled. Thanks for bringing this topic up.

Take Care,

I was wrong on the "picking6", I figured it was a creel limit, and "oatka" really had me baffled.

I knew what pickin6 was but I thought Oatka was a company man at Quaker.

Pretty simple, really. Chase Creek is my absolute favorite Brookie stream in Wexford County, MIchigan. BEen fishing it and other local small streams for 40+ years.

I am a part time guide in South Florida. In order to guide saltwater you must first earn U.S.C.G Captains license. Basically you must have a lot of hours on the water and pass a big written test. Any way, I have the certificates on the wall. = Capt. Matt

Great thread.

iam a commercial fly tyer, so when i would go to my accounts they would say flyguy is here. the number part is just some random numbers i threw in

Steeldrifter Can you tell us about your avatar? Looks like kevin Costner

I tie a lot of different flies for fun and usually end up donating them etc., but there is only just a select few favorite patterns that I fish with. I like to keep it simple on the water. I've tied them so many times it's just become old hat. Hardly have to think about them when I tie them up. The avatar is representative of the handle and the part of the country I live in.

Steeldrifter Can you tell us about your avatar? Looks like kevin Costner

Yupp that's Costner in a scene from one of my favorite movies 3000 Miles to Graceland. I'm a big Elvis fan and loved that movie :headbang:

Where I live just about everyone has a nick name. Mine, and it could be worse, was given to me by a buddy. One day when we were about to go out on the mudflats. I found an empty bottle of Joe Hard and pretended I was drunk, the name stuck. I am just an average Joe and often do things the "hard way". I want to thank everyone on the forum for sharring there fly tying/fishing knowledge, tips and tricks. It sure has taken care of a lot of guess work. :yahoo:

I chose my name because my outdoors pursuits put me close to heaven on earth, and because of my Scandinavian heritage. While I won't die with a sword in my hand, I hope that when my time comes, it will be with a rod or bow in my hand, allowing the Valkeries to scoop me up and carry me off to Valhalla. (Don't worry, I'm not really serious about this.) I added the '1' because I needed to on another forum, as just plain "Valhalla" was already taken. Unfortunately, some folks there now believe my name is Val Halla.

LYKOS.... Greek pertaining to wolf, a comeback creature in the US wildernesses

33...the greatest basketball player of all time Larry Bird!!!

ya! it is pretty cool madkasel. i always liked that name. ( and the signature about the jeweles in the crown :hyst: )

cool threrad too! I would have never figurard out skinsoh :huh: I always wounderd what that was?

same with PK and quite a few others. I thought pickin6 was a creel thing too :hyst:

chrisfish is just me and what i do. but i like the way it sounds also. :D