Fly Tying
snboggs

Favorite Online Material Source

Where is everyone's favorite place to mail order materials from? I don't really have one myself and I'm always looking for a good source. I mainly just shop around and see who has the best prices and best looking materials.

I wasn't necessarily looking for places to shop, I was just curious what everyone's favorites were.

Thanks though!

Well this store is my favourite.. Its probably an unknown but if you're not in the continental US then he's a great place to get stuff from. Not a huge variety but $3.50 flat rate for international shipping is great in my books. Last order was received in less than a week and no restrictions on product type as long as its materials. Bought a vise which he shipped for $10 when no one else would accept less than $15. I guess this applies more to international orders though.. :)

Doc's fly box..

Regards

Azad

JStockard meets 99% of my needs.

eBay can be an interesting source for fly tying materials, tools and books etc.

(just promise not to bid against me, now that I've told you that ! :hyst: )

My first choice is always Jstockard their service, selection, and prices are all good.

When they did not have something I wanted I have used feather-craft, mad river outfitters,

and even hook & hackle occasionally.

Last week I called in my first order to Chris Helm at whitetailflytieng.com. I was very impressed.

Chris has many hard to find items. He is a pleasure to talk to and really wants to do

any thing he can to help you. I think he will be my #2 choice from now on.

Speed of service was great!

tight lines and heavy creels

-Tom

I use Feather-Craft and Cabelas mostly. I agree with the buying from Chris Helm, too. First class guy and operation. I should start using J. Stockard since they are a sponsor but Feather-Craft has taken such good care of me over the years it's hard to switch.

Mike

Hello, I discovered a site called "fly tying world" in Stewart,Va. I have placed 2 orders so far and the service was above and beyond. A small mix-up occured and to make it right he sent me a nice pair of scissors, a small pack of jungle fowl feathers, and a pair of kingfisher wings at no charge. It was very prompt delivery too.

Take Care,