Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
sherrib

Childrens Swap

Hey guys, my 9 year old daughter has been learning to tie and she mentioned wishing she could be in on a swap. I know others in this forum have mentioned their children being interested in tying. Would anyone be interested in letting the kids do a swap. Maybe just have like 4-5 in the swap and an age limit? Let me know, Sherri B

My kids are too young but i like your idea.Good luck putting it together and looking forward too seeing the fly tyers of the future's creations.

What a great idea. :yahoo: My granddaughter has been into fly tying since she was very young, 4 years old. She is now 13 and still going strong. I know something like this would be of interest to her. Also, I am involved with a kids fly fishing club and I think I could interest a few of the members to get involved. Let me know if this comes together and I will promote it.

Winefly

Ok well I will see if I can host one. I have been in 3 swaps now but they are not completed so if they will let me we will do one. Sherri B.

I thought maybe this was for parents who were sick of their own kids... :hyst: JUST KIDDING!!!

Sherri, I think it is a great idea. I think my son is too young yet, but in a couple of years I may steal the idea...

:D Hi :D

I'm 11 yrs. old and ty flys with my dad and uncle. I'm in. This will be my first swap so take it easy on me.:boxing:

Aspen :gun_bandana:

This has been done before and my (now) ten year old was in on it and enjoyed it.

I'll ask him about it later on when he's home from religion. So long as the number doesn't climb too high, I think he'd be interested.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: This is a phenom. idea....got a 7 yr old that likes crazy steelhead flies, count him in. Let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe just let each kid tie whatever they want, I know Day5's daughter ties some awesome buggers..lol....HINT HINT

This would be great for my daughter...she is 7 and loves it! She can tie a pretty mean bugger...at least in pink :D the two of us have a big trip planned the end of April...where she is getting a custom made pink and purple rod,with a hot pink reel,pink and purple line...and personalized pink vest...its all a surprise for her....but this would definately get her started!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

If you get this set up with a reasonable number and a reasonable time limit...we're in please!! ( I'll have her pick something a little less girlie too :P )

sherrib, I think its a great idea. Kids should get involved in stuff like this, it really hones their creative skills. Too bad my boys are 19 and 20. By the way, you should be receiving a small package from Virginia within a few days.

Take Care,

What a great idea. :yahoo: My granddaughter has been into fly tying since she was very young, 4 years old. She is now 13 and still going strong. I know something like this would be of interest to her. Also, I am involved with a kids fly fishing club and I think I could interest a few of the members to get involved. Let me know if this comes together and I will promote it.

Winefly

Let me know if you want in, Sherri B