Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
overbrook

Patriotic 4th of July swap....

Winefly....I just noticed you're from Idaho.....so lets give it a few more days...hopefully they will show up...seems I have several packages (not just swaps) that are "out there" somewhere ? :unsure: I will keep ya posted though :D

Still puzzling over mine a tad. I'm thinking a Klinkhammer, though. I have some red grizzly hackle that would work cool. White body with blue spiral wraps. Multicolored tail.

We'll see!!

Still puzzling over mine a tad. I'm thinking a Klinkhammer, though. I have some red grizzly hackle that would work cool. White body with blue spiral wraps. Multicolored tail.

We'll see!!

That sounds cool! I just hope my popper goes better than my sculpins...LOL its been yrs since I've spun deer hair (mostly because of the mess it creates in my truck) ....but I think they are finally coming together....not quite as elaborate as I had first hoped....but they'll fish :dunno:

Floyd and David M.....I'll start a basket at the house...hopefully winefly's will show up too..... I won't lie...it may be the 1st part of next month before I get to mine...which is part of the reason for the long deadline....but if they all come in early....they'll go out early :D

I will get mine mailed out as quick as I can. I had to order more floss because I only get to use about one third of whats on a spool because my rough hands wipe out the other two thirds :) Does anyone have any ideas? I can sand or file the roughness away and use lotion, but I still fray the dang stuff. I guess I could do like they did in the older days, but I don't know where to find any silk gloves :D

Take Care,

I know that darn pony express is slow from this part of the country. That is why email is so wonderful. Too bad we cannot send flies that way. Just hope for the best but if I have to resend them I think I can get that done in time.

Winefly

FredH...received your package! :D

Winefly....when I get home this week....I will do a search of all packages...it may be that this slipped by my assistant swapmeister....she's been known to have put a package away and not tell me in the past...hopefully its there.... :dunno:

Some Patriotic Streamers/Buggers are flying your way. :hyst:

After completing them, I think they might be a good

Steelhead fly. Lot's of sparkle :yahoo:

Had to change my design as I could not find my Blue

Hackle so I used Blue Maribou for the top wing and that's

why I added "streamer" to the name. I hope everyone like

my submission. :)

Recipe will be enclosedwith the flys

Deserttrout

Jim Phillips

Winefly...great news...your flies were here! :yahoo: Sorry for the mix-up...the assistant swapmeister will be flooged severely for her mistakes :bugeyes: Seriously...sorry for the slight scare...I've never had a set lost yet...but did'nt want to say anything until I got home to check for sure.

P.S. they are really nice!! :D

Overbrook,

mailed out my flies this afternoon,but when I got home there on my desk was a pile of toe tags that were supposed to go on the flies(Someone slap me upside the head).

I already posted a pic of the flies so everyone should be able to tell which are mine.

Sorry about that :sick:

Overbrook,

mailed out my flies this afternoon,but when I got home there on my desk was a pile of toe tags that were supposed to go on the flies(Someone slap me upside the head).

I already posted a pic of the flies so everyone should be able to tell which are mine.

Sorry about that :sick:

Joe...its no problem...I'll put some on for ya anyway... :D