Fly Tying

J. Stockard, whoooooo!

I recently got my first order from J. Stockard and was really happy with it. Now, you might be thinking "But lbg, you're a moderator and it took you this long to order?"

Well, here's a little secret: I HATE ordering things over the internet. I don't trust it, I won't trust it, and I try hard to avoid doing it. However, after dealing with james and the gang at J. Stockard I just may have to change my mind, especially since they just put dubbing on sale and I need that other Whitlock dispenser to satisfy my OCD need to complete the duo. (I bought the other one already and I feel lopsided having only one.)

Thumbs up!!

I can't wait to try these fly rattles in my crawfish and dragonfly larvae!

Right on dude, I have realy enjoyed dealing with J. Stockard. I just got there mail order catalog the other day. My computer time is limited and can not realy order anything online right now.

"But lbg, you're a moderator and it took you this long to order?"

That's exactly what I was going to say! But it gets better; wait until you make your next order if you established and account. Stockard has the easiest reorder program I have ever used. Sign in, decide what you want, about one click and its paid for and on its way to you.

Stockard has great service in many ways, from the inventory to buying it and getting the products to you.

Ray

I'm no moderator, but I probably check the site more often than most moderators......yeah, work can be slow and boring....and it took me a year and a half to place my first order.

and what's been on my computer all day? my wish list for JStockard. I've been adding things throughout the day. Now, I just have to hit up the federal reserves and I'll be able to afford everything I "neeeeeeeed!!!"

Does your wife know you call her "Federal Reserves"? :hyst:

Stockard is GREAT, IMHO. I placed two separate orders. They figured out the orders were going to the same person, smae address, and shipped them together, saving me shipping costs. Would the C store do that for ya? NOPE.

I ordered my first tying stuff from them got great service and figured id help those that help us.Another plus is they are close by and have alot of stuff that i dont have local.

I just placed my first order with them, and it was a horrible one.

I mean, horrible by me. Not them.

All I wanted was some Whiting 100s in size 20, and they had them so I put the order in. And then my $10 off for being in the FTOY contest. And then they had some other $5 off thing I took now. And so my total bill was something like $4.95.

All perfectly legit, but... after watching the order go through... I realized I should've ordered more. Thing is, a local place is clearancing everything out before a move, so I'm really well set for what I need.

When I build my 4 wt. this spring, I'll be sure to check them out!!!