Fly Tying
oatka

Dear Hook Fairy

Dear Hook Fairy,

I believed in Santa Clause (still do), I believed in the Easter bunny, I believed in the tooth fairy. If they were all real then I can only hold out hope that there is also a Hook Fairy.

See, my hook box is getting really, really low on hooks.

post-6177-1205528635_thumb.jpg

And although I'm in the process of putting together a hook order, it could be days before I get my buddies part of the order and actually place the order.

So, Hook Fairy, i KNOW you exist, I believe in you.

Tonight, I'm going to take all my old flies and put them under my pillow. I'm going to go to bed when my wife tells me to, and fall asleep without any goofing around. Because, I know, i KNOW, that you will come, just like the tooth fairy did, while I am deep asleep, and leave fresh, new, untied on hooks under my pillow, and take my well loved and well used flies off to fly heaven.

I know you exist, I just know it!

Yours Faithfully,

Oatka

:baby:

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this oatka, but I believed in the hackle fairy, but all that I woke up to was a tickle in my ear, and the same few feathers that I placed there the night before. But.... maybe I have been bad or something, so don't give up hope

Oatka,

Please be careful, putting hooks under your pillow and asking the Hook Fairy to multiply them; It can be dangerous.

post-1314-1205542153_thumb.jpg

Conehead

Uh, oatka, did you ever actually put a tooth under your pillow?

Did you wake up to find a brand new shiny TOOTH as a replacement?

If you've been a good boy, and you put all your chewed up scraggly flies under your pillow, you might wake up and find 55 cents or so, but no hooks. Nope, never any hooks. Sheesh!

I think Oatka is the fairy! er Hooker......... uh yea..... nevermind

WOW..................................BUT :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

OATKA NEVER GIVE UP ALWAYS BELIEVE

Ahhh, the sad and harsh realities of life.... Such a heartbreaker when they finally dawn on the naive.... :crying:

Boy, do I hate being the one to break it to you, :devil:

I'm afraid there is no Hook Fairly, Oatka. In fact, quite the opposite.... :o

You see, I know this because they come to my house quite frequently.... They are the Hook Gnomes. :bugeyes:

post-1372-1205586476_thumb.jpg

They come in the middle of the night and steal your hooks. :cry: Especially the ones you like to use the most. Occasionally you'll find one on the floor in the corner that they dropped during a hasty escape. They are of the same order as the sock gnomes and underpants gnomes (think South Park).

Once, I came down in the middle of the night and surprised a troop of them making off with my Allcock hooks. I must tell you, they are a rude lot at best. :ripped:

post-1372-1205586786_thumb.jpg

Sorry, but I thought it best you find out now, before you have no hooks at all.

:(

my worst fears have come true. As Streamertyer has already told us, there is NO hook fairy. I had so much hope, so much faith, i guess in my mind I really believed it to be true. But it's not. There is NO hook fairy.

I'm starting to question Santa Clause. I'm going to give the Easter Bunny one last chance just since Easter is right around the corner, and i love candy. But, after that, i might give up that fantasy too!

:(

oatka

Have you tried writing a letter to the New York Sun? Maybe you'll get a letter back saying "Yes, oatka, there is a hook fairy....

Guest Big E

No, no, no....I said Ether Bunny not Easter Bunny...

Story goes that two GIs were in their dormitory room and one of the guys ended up going to the hospital with a sore rectum. After some investigation, turns out that his roomate (who happened to work at the hospital) was slipping him some chloroform when he fell asleep and then doing some uphill gardening. From then on he became known as the Ether Bunny.

No, no, no....I said Ether Bunny not Easter Bunny...

Story goes that two GIs were in their dormitory room and one of the guys ended up going to the hospital with a sore rectum. After some investigation, turns out that his roomate (who happened to work at the hospital) was slipping him some chloroform when he fell asleep and then doing some uphill gardening. From then on he became known as the Ether Bunny.

Backs slowly out of the room keeping an eye on "BIG E"..... :hyst: