Fly Tying
Sketch

Arrrggh! - Anyone have similar experience?

Great news, Sketch. A victory for the ordinary guy. Businesses have a way of turning a deaf ear sometimes. I admire you for your patience.

BB

Persistance pays off... all that time fishing is paying off.

Sorry to hear about the poor experience, and hope that it doesn't put you off of buying online. wink.gif

I'm glad to hear you finally got the issue resolved. I have to say I'm surprised you had a problem with HCO, they sure do seem like straight-up folks! This almost always happens to me though, I've praised people to friends who own or run businesses and get them a job interview and they don't show up or are real dinks if they do get the job. I'm officially out of the referral business, I stink at it! ohmy.gif

Peddler- you are everywhere- that is the biggest bream I have ever seen- the one you are holding- RodC

Rod, if the rivers weren't so high and muddy I'd actually have a life and be fishing! biggrin.gif

I might need a mate to that 10 weight Elite. I'm gonna have a shoot-out with high horsepower 5 weights in the near future specifically for distance casting. I used Bryans' 5 weight Elite in Georgia a month ago and it rocketed the line. So far the contenders are the Elite, Loomis High Linespeed and the TCR. The TCR already has something going against it though, it's a Sage! tongue.gif

another one to watchout for guys is shannon alexander, ( islandtime69 on ebay)what a bum, he screwed me good. if i ever meet up with him at a show i'm off to jail in a second. he's going to find out what it feels like to have a runaway train coming after you and theres no way to get away. i have absolutely no respect for scum that have no respect for others and i get myself in trouble for it every single time. some people have a hard time dealing with a person ( Me) that won't stand and argue with them but instead knock your ass out then ask questions after the cops wake them up . i'm going to leave it at that because my blood pressures going up.

Bud

Bud

I seen your picture and I wouldn't want to be in front of that train when it's running wild.

BFR

I had a problem a while back with a buisness that would not give me my money back so I went to the better buisness bureau and told them my story. Those guys got my money back and today I'm a millionaire. Not really but they did get my moneyback. :D

Woolly Bugger - Thanks for the links! I had to search those forums for Harvey Wall to find out what happened, but it appears my troubles were a warning sign of bigger things to come. I'm one of the fortunate ones who actually got a refund. And the Better Business Bureau of North Carolina has had at least 8 more complaints about this guy since my complaint opened a file on him in 2004. Wow.

Dang, I didn't notice the date on this thread until after I posted! I'm about a year and a half to two years late!

Anyway, I do like J. Stockard!!

Sketch,

Here's J. Stockard's address for Liquid Lace and another for a CD explaining the methodology, Introduction to Liquid Lace. Also, they have Larva Lace which is similar. I ordered some from them a couple of weeks ago; it came in in about 5 days. I have bought quite a bit from them, large stock of quality material and brands, decent prices, fast delivery. I like them.

Ray