Fly Tying
nrthcsteel

spey overload

Hey all. Well the winter steelhead season ends at the end of the month. :( River conditions have been tough lately. REALLY LOW AND CLEAR, making for some real tough fishing. So Ive had a little more time to spend at the vise. As you can see Ive been on kind of a spey overload lately. Really like fishing speys in these lower conditions. They just feel like the right fly you know. Great flies being posted by all lately. Bobfly, e oregon midge you guys are on it, nice ties. Good to see some flies by FGS III ,flatwing steelhead flies hmmmmmmmmmmmm.. that gets me thinking. And of course davidstrout, holy PRAWN!!! Hey David those tubes oughta work for you back east but if you want to put them up against some steel out west Id be happy to swing a few for you, I think they might just work. :whistle: And of course all the others who Ive failed to mention great flies. Someone in a past post mentioned wanting to see some fish so heres a little teaser for you all. Oh yeah I love to tie up new patterns and fish em but if you notice that red thing in the corner of that beauties mouth, well that theres a good old SKYKOMISH SUNRISE!! :headbang: I never leave home without a few tried and true classics in the box!!! Figured Id better get some pics of these up as Im headed off tomorrow to take these babies for a swing. Hope you enjoy and take care and as always hope your getting some time on the water. Kevin

post-4870-1206412692_thumb.jpg post-4870-1206412729_thumb.jpg post-4870-1206412760_thumb.jpg

post-4870-1206412792_thumb.jpg post-4870-1206412824_thumb.jpg post-4870-1206412864_thumb.jpg

damn boy.....

1-nice fish (one day..yes one day)

2-Amazing flies....you have really developed a great style and personailty in the last 2 years w/your tying

3-Pm your address and ill get some of those out to you kevin

peace

I just picked up a TFO 13' Deer Creek Spey rod and am looking forward to learning how to fish it. I can see I'll have to learn some new patterns to tie, too. Those are some beautiful flies.

Mike

Great bunch of flies you have there. :headbang: And thanks for the wrap Bob

Really inspirational North! Your ties always look like they are electric and have lights in them.

Nice Fish!