Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Big E

Table Rock Lake

Guest Big E

The wife asked me the other day where I would like to go during summer vacation. Usually these are vacations centered around keeping the daughter occupied (theme parks, activities, shopping) etc.

Being sarcastic, I said I would like to go to a Orvis FlyFishing School. Oddly enough, she agreed. So we're thinking of going to Dogwood Canyon, MO. I go to flyfishing school, while her and our daughter see the sights in Branson, MO.

Firstly, have any of you been to an Orvis FlyFishing school? If so, would you recommend it?

Secondly, anyone been around the Dogwood Canyon Recreational Area fishing and how was it?

Lastly, is Branson, MO really all that its cracked up to be?

Thanks for your opinions.

on the orvis fly fishing school im no help on that . for the dogwood canyon here a site that might be able to help you OzarkAnglers.Com Forum. as far as Branson Mo. my parent love it. they been 3 times in the last 5 years and there said there going this year. hope this help you out

Big E,

Branson is a good place for families. Best thing, there are tons of things for your family to do while you fish. Outlet malls, water parks, siliver dollar city, and many shows. Personaly, I'm not a big fan of country music shows and shopping, but the fishing is great in the area. Check out Lake Tannycomo, great trout fishing. If you are intrested in a good place to stay, look into Big Ceder Lodge. They have cabins and a hotel, great food and bars. Plus they have there own marina and boat rentals. Only drawback in the price, it's a little expensive.

Nate

Guest Big E

Whitlock is way out of my price range as well as Big Cedar. I'm going to have to get a hotel in Branson and commute to Big Cedar everyday for the school. Talked to Orvis yesterday and school gets out at 430pm everyday so that should leave some time for me to go hit Taneycomo.