Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
letumgo

April First is a Really Good Day to Fish...

post-4573-1207049586_thumb.jpg

Happy April Fools Day ( :D )

Yes, the photo has been modified...I was just having fun with the photo editing software and figured if I was going to stretch the truth, I might as well really stretch the truth. :lol:

I thought I had seen it all with Photoshop, but this has got to be the first time I've ever seen someone enlarge the net to that size! That is a huge net! ;)

Ray, that trout should be carrying you. What did you get him on, a 7/0 Teal imitation? A 3/0 muskrat popper?Hey, does anybody else find it somehow appropriate that in a lot of states, fishing season opens on All Fools Day?

Speaking of which, one of the best April Fool pranks I've ever seen happened some years ago when my wife was a newspaper reporter for The Westerly Sun in RI. The local radio station was too cheap to pay the AP for its news stories, so they used to read the news word for word directly from their copy of The Sun, which ticked off The Sun's city editor to no end. One April Fools Day, the editor went into the archives, dug out a copy of the previous year's April 1 paper and had it delivered to the radio station. Of course, the station's news guy headed right for the microphone and gave the public 10 minutes of news that had happened a year ago, including a few birth announcements of babies who were already a year old. The incident caused a bit of an uproar in town, and the folks in The Sun's newsroom were subject to fits of uncontrollable laughter for days afterward. That's probably my all-time favorite. Anybody else got one?

Hi Guys,

I hate to admit it but I was married to a lady before Gretchen and for some reason I could never remember our wedding anniversary. When Gretchen and I got married we did so on April 1, 1993. Why? So I wouldn't forget our anniversary and I never have. I've noticed every year that there is alway some guy/gal on the early morning news who talks about "April Fools Day" and that is my reminder. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

"this has got to be the first time I've ever seen someone enlarge the net to that size!"

"What did you get him on, a 7/0 Teal imitation? A 3/0 muskrat popper?"

"Why? So I wouldn't forget our anniversary and I never have."

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst: :hyst:

Thanks guys, I needed the laugh, and each of your comments cracked me up! :D

PS - Happy Anniversary Al & Gretchen. ;)

I think the Taco Bell buying the Liberty Bell in Philly story was probably one of the best all time.

I've only pulled one semi good one myself and it was due more to luck than anything else. At college I stayed in the dorms on a floor reserved for pre-vet and veterinary students. Knowing most probably loved animals I put flyers up around in the hall saying the dorms next door were showing Disneys Aristacats and 101 Dalmations. This was before you could rent movies on video tapes so of course some decided they wanted to go. I forget what price I put on the flyer but by blind idiot luck it turned out perfect. I set the time to 7:00.

Now the fun lucky part. The dorm next to ours decided to have a talent night that same night starting at 8:00. They were charging people from dorms other than their own whatever price I put on the flyers just by coincedence.

Turned out to be a lot of pre-vet students just a bit confused and maybe even slightly upset. They were slightly upset enough that I never fessed up to the prank.

:D :D :D Sometimes it's better to let sleeping dalmations lie, especially when you're dealing with people who might have access to scalpels and anesthetics. You could have woken up some morning with a couple of missing body parts and an ex-girlfriend.

I like the Taco Bell Story - it reminds me of the time industrialist Armand Hammer bought the company that makes Arm and Hammer baking soda. (which really happened) His comment was : "I suppose it was inevitable."