Fly Tying
fishingfly7

What do you think?

Not bad at all 7.......................work on getting smaller and tighter heads. mark..... ;)

Looks good, like Mark said, a little work in the head area, the hook looks small, so maybe a size smaller thread would give you a little more room, just be careful not to apply too much, Like me.......all the time :huh:

Nice Fly,

Looks good it would certinaly catch fish. Did you use a black bin liner for the wing case?

If you go on to the begginers corner you you find very helpful people and people starting off just like you.

Happy Tying,

Jason.

Looks great!, nice and buggy. I agree, with a smaller head. That will usually come naturally with patience and practice. Getting there will create a little better proportion to the fly. I would also add that the leg hackle may be a little dense and it looks like you cut it off. If your using wet fly hackle, a little less dense and keeping a natural taper to the legs will allow more movement and life like properties. It looks like a small fly and for beginners small flies are challenging. I think you did a great job. On small flies less is best. Again, a very good tie though.

Nice job, 7, and good critique from the crew. I have nothing to add, other than to congratulate you on inviting constructive criticism -- it does help.

Bill