Fly Tying
snboggs

Favorite Material

So we all know there are literally hundreds, maybe even thousands of different materials used in our favorite obsession. So.. what is everyone's all time favorite material to work with? Mine would have to be closed cell foam.

Any takers for this question?

Can't say I have just one.And new materials are comming available so fast that there a many that I haven't explored all the posibilites yet. But you nailed it .it's an obsession.

right now I have a love affair with hungarian partridge and australian possum...don't make me choose just one...

Dubbing, especially Rabbit. I couldn't be without it. I'm probably a bit of a traditionalist as I use a lot of feathers (capes & saddles) and Peacock Hurl.

probably for me it would be floss. I like the challenge of getting a smooth underbody and a smooth floss body result. Also foam is probably second :)

I guess it would have to be the ear wax from the left ear of a yearling male East Tibeten Yak.

Really, though, I think Hungarian Partridge gets my vote, with dubbing by the name of "Skeeter Fuzz" from the Dungeon a close second.