Fly Tying
flykid

A bomb went off......

IPB Image

Thought some of you might be interested in seeing what my desk looks like while I'm tying for Pike. LOTS of flash, marabou, rabbit, and bucktail. And of course some Rush tunes to tie to. :) I still probably don't hold a candle to a lot of you guys. The funny thing is this desk was meant for "homework" :hyst:

I've learned more at this desk than I have at school! This is after 2 days worth of tying. I'll post another in another couple days to see how things progress.....

Did you say Rush tunes? :headbang: I like to crank the music some times, but if I get into it too much I tend to break the thread :D Give it a day or two and there wont be any sign of the desk

Take Care,

YUP!!! RUSH tunes :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: I'll take another pic in a couple days. Your prediction is probably spot on!

flykid, you have helped me with my theory that I am working on!!! For heavy hackle flys for fast water: old Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Rush, and any other head banger music. For slow or still water: the Eagles, Tom Petty, Pink Floyd... I think I need help for streamers and nymphs though, because I can't quite figure out what really goes good. If I turn on a country station and hear some old Hank Williams Sr (which I also love) then I want a drink and my eyes start tearing up and if I try classical I just fall asleep and I am totally clueless as to what to listen to while tying soft hackles :D

Take Care,

Something funny happens whenever I try to clean my desk, I think of flies that need to be tied. Therefore, I haven't seen my desk top in 4 yrs. :( . My wife threatens to clean it, then she thinks real hard about the consequences. :nono:

For streamers how about the Byrds, Bob Dylan, CCR, Simon and Garfunkel etc. You know slow but not slow enough to put you to sleep!

Nice desk Kodiak!

flykid, you are a genius. CCR...yeah! and I was thinking maybe some Moody Blues for soft hackles

Take Care,

ps the Paul and Art are great but I can't play it much because I can't resist the urge to sing along, and it aint pretty. Just imagine a bull frog riding in the back seat of a school bus over miles and miles of railroad tracks

Yesterday I spilled 1/2 oz of head cement on the floor under my desk. I had to abandon the room and open the window...the fumes were awful. I did finish my last bucktail though before I was overcome. LOL.

Your desk looks semi-clean, LOL!

I would like to say to everyone that I am sorry for getting side-tracked from the original topic. I have never tied any pike or muskie flies yet, but I plan to because the New River here in Virginia is muskie and pike heaven. It looks like a lot of fun too. You don't have to squint to see a size 22 Adams :D There is pictures and mounts everywhere around here of huge muskies. When I see a photo of a muskie and its as long as the pickup tailgate its being photographed upon... WOW!!! I will try not to speak of any old rock and roll anymore (but... I did say "try" :D )

Take Care, and we can still jam out and tie, just not type about it.....so rock on flykid and mswaterfowler!!!