Fly Tying
coreycs

Out West Flies

No problem! I made the change to the tyer list on page one. I may have a couple of extra padded envelopes (if I can find them) :dunno: If I do I'll just transfer over the address and postage.

Mike, PLEASE don't bother with it. As long as they get to you (should by Saturday) the return should be just fine. If not, it is on me to learn. But they should be just fine. I doubt that the stamps the guy put on there would transfer anyway.

Only ONE week left! :yahoo:

The list on page one has been updated. Pat's flies came in Saturday (THANKS PAT!) Only one tyer has not asked for an addy or replied that flies are on the way and I sent a reminder this afternoon, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :rolleyes:

UPDATE ... FIVE DAYS LEFT!!! :yahoo:

I received flies from DrVette and Deserttrout - So 8 guys are accounted for, as of this morning. I'm sure the rest will show up in plenty of time!! :D

Page 1 list has been updated to show where we stand as of today. Give me holler if you need to!

Hey gang!!

I just received JeepClowns flies last night bringing our total to 9 of 12 done!! I know of two more that are on the way. Only one tyer has not responded to my PM's inquiring as to how it was going and he hasn;t logged on for about a month, so we may be one tyer short. (Occassionaly it happens.) :dunno:

I'll send back one of your flies to each of you, along with the one's from everyone else..

In case, you know the man, please contact him and let him know and ask him to get back to me ASAP in case he's just tied up with "life", as I anticipate getting the flies out early next week.

Thanks to all of you for your follow through. It's been a prettey darn good swao and the flies I've recieved so far look great!! ;)

I 2nd the motion...keep the extra one. You have been run through the ringger enough on all this from the sounds of it. :blink:

Take Care.

I 2nd the motion...keep the extra one. You have been run through the ringger enough on all this from the sounds of it. :blink:

Take Care.

Well thanks for saying so, but... Actually, this has been the easiest swap I've run! 11/12 of you guys have been outstanding with your communications BTW - (THE #1 factor in a good swap from either the tyer OR swapmeister's side), AND sent all the postage!! :headbang:

I'm looking forward to getting the last two sets of flies and getting these sent out to you guys. Actually, I'd love to hear how well they fished for you after you get them!!!!

mike

Keep the extra fly. You have done a fine job. I like this format, nice variety of flies!!

Have a good one

Pat Carroll

Please keep the fly. I have plenty! I use the boufaces (a John Barr pattern) for trout in a dead drift in the river followed by a lift, then short strips back. I also tie them on 2/0 hooks for pike. Can't wait to see the rest of the flies! :o

I agree with the rest. Keep the fly if it happens as you think. I sent a couple extra anyway (I think).

What did you tie? I can't find it. Must be hidden from my old eyes.

BigDewey in Reno. I will be at the VA hospital the 17th of June at 1200-1300 for a treatment. Want to meet somewhere for a soda and BS about fishing our areas?

Jim

I agree with the rest. Keep the fly if it happens as you think. I sent a couple extra anyway (I think).

What did you tie? I can't find it. Must be hidden from my old eyes.

Jim

Jim - Fair question ... :)

On this swap I didn't tie a fly. I saw that no one had stepped up to run it and figured what the heck, I can adminster this one for the guys, as most of the participants were fairly new to the forum and with a couple of swaps under thier belts they can "take thier turn in the barrel" for themselves. I remember the first one I ran, it was too cool for school!! B)

You'll find that in some swaps the swapmeister may not tie. When I initiate a swap, I usually tie a dry fly of some sort (Wulff, PMD, Caddis, etc.) But I have participated in a few for wets and I usually tie some type of nymph or emerger.

I knew when I agreed to run this one that I'd be pretty buried between work and family. My wife's sister just passed away (age 50) a couple of weeks ago (we knew it was coming, but oviously didn't know when) from lung cancer (never a smoker) and we've been dealing with the family and friends as the day for her memorial approached. (Being held this Saturday)

The next time I start a thread for a swap, I'll be tying right along with the rest of the swappers, as I normally would. When I do, it will most likely be a dry fly swap. Keep your eyes peeled later this summer, and I'm sure you'll see me postiing to get a new one started!

I checked mail this morning and unfortunately no more flies were in the mail.

One day left, but no mail on Sunday, so ... Here are the flies I have in hand as of this morning ...

cencalfly - 12 royal trude - Flies Received

3) jeepclown - sz 14 Olive Boufaces - Flies Received

4) Pat Carroll - morman girl streamer - Flies Received

5) professori - hoppers - size 12 - Flies Received

6) bigdewy - Stayner Ducktail - Flies Received

7) MAWitter - marabou streamer - Not heard from after several attempts to contact

(I think he's going to be a no show) :unsure:

8) spike188 - Stimulator or parachute ant - Flies Received

9) DrVette - dead chickens - Flies Received

10) Student4evr - Parachute ant - Flies Received

11) Dezod - 18 or 20 parachute BWO - Flies Received

12) deserttrout - Truckee River Special - Flies Received

13) coreycs - Pink Scudlitoris - Addy Sent

So, there we have it. My past experience has shown that the USPS will sometimes take thier sweet time and if postage is an issue, they also take thier time getting them back to the original sender. If it's OK with you guys, I'll wait an extra day, or two, in case our postal system has been the cause for t e delay.

I'll post again if anything changes. Let me know your thoughts about the short delay. Thanks guys!! :)

I will be leaving on a 7 day Alaskan cruise before they get here anyway B), so there is no problem with a delay for me . I'd rather see all the entries if possible, anyway. Thanks