Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
bigdewy

Hello All

My name is Duane and I live in Reno, Nevada. I started tying and flyfishing in 1978 when I lived in Burley, Idaho. I took an extended leave of absence from my vise for about 20 years and am just now getting back into it. I'm really looking forward to becoming re-acquantied with the art and learning about all the new synthetic materials which didn't exist when I started.

I'm thinking about trying out one of the rotary vises. I still have the original Thompson A that I bought for $10.00 back in 78.

I also still have most of the feathers and furs from then, some of which are currently being debugged. The improvement in the quality of genetic hackles is mind-boggling.

Welcome to the Forum Duane.

I've been using a Renzetti Traveler for about three years now and like it a lot. I think it's hard to beat for the price. I have friends who tie with other rotary vises and they like them also. It's the versatility of these vises that seem to make them so popular.

I was out your way a couple of years ago and was really impressed with the fishing opportunities there. I only wish I'd have taken a rod with me. Next time, I'll have a travel rod packed.

By the way, I still tie with my old Thompson A. I like it for large flies like Clousers or any large bass flies.

Welcome to the forum Duane............pull up a chair and grab a beer......... :P great bunch of guys and gals on this forum..............enjoy and lets see some of your ties

Tight threads

Mike................................. B)