Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
gill buster

Finally a chance to breath....

well.. a little chance to breath after 2 weeks at the school every night running the sound system for the musical.. even though i should be studying for an AP US history test on friday right now i'm thinking summer.. i got my rod out tonight and tested my new line in the back yard and now i desperately want to go fishing, but first, i need to get my summer plan down..... mom has booked our summer vacation for the vail valley in colorado.. wondering if anybody lives in that area, knows that area, ever been.. any and all knowledge would be mucho appreciado, including answers to the AP test <_<

About 20miles East of Vail is a VERY interesting outlet mall under a large dam that has one of the neatest catch & release streams running right through the center of it. People actually gather on a foot bridge in there to watch the fly-fishers and watch the trout swim around...it is different.

Where the river flows into the reservoir is a really great place if the water isn't too high. Un-fortunately after several years of drought up there this year is looking like it might be a wash-out on all of Colorado's streams due to record snow-pack totals. Last month Silverton (way south of Veil) reported in at over 600" of snow this season... almost 50feet! and most of the mountains are reporting snow storms for tonight...

Like i said, most fly-fishing might get hit hard this year due to run-offs. Maybe late summer early fall it will turn around.

I live 120miles south-east of Vail, but head up there almost every year.