Fly Tying
Marty Howard

Skykomish Sunrise

Working on some old school stuff. This Skykomish was tied on a 7999 with very basic materials. The back ground is a print by Jeff Kennedy. I did not notice the fly in the back ground was tied by a south paw until after I took the shot. I will have to try again to get a better match. My plan is to put one of my flies along with the print in a shadow box. Thanks for looking.

IPB Image

Great Tie , Great Pattern,

I was fishing this pattern on the Skagit after fishing three other patterns

that drew blanks, needless to say I hooked 3, and landed 2 on this one.

This pattern brightened on otherwise very soggy day.

Keep on posting more of your tie's

Cheers,

Speyman

One of my all-time favorite PNW Steelhead flies. You did a great job. Looks just as good as the one in the pic, cept for maybe yours could use a few more fibers in the tail. Here's what i'd do for the frame. Use a blind eye hook, Polar Bear for the wing, and color the head and eye, in a varied selection of red, orange and yellow...........BOTH, head AND eye. ...........just an idea...........to see what i mean................go to the Classic and Artistic Salmon Fly Tying page, and find a pic of a fly i just did earlier last night.....if it's not there yet, (the pic), it's because my wife is still sleeping and hasn't taken the pic yet. :P :P But it'll be there later........the name of the thread/post is Double Inspiration........like i said..........just an idea. Great tye man. mark..... B)

AHHH a classic for sure. Dont leave home without at least a few of these in the box for sure. Paid off BIG time for me this winter! Nice tie Marty and cool pic. Kevin

That looks like a killer Atlantic pattern!

What is the body material suppose to be?

Looking great with that killer pattern.

Phil