Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Plakat

Renzetti Apprentise Vise

Can someone recommend a pedestal for an apprentise vise? I like the vise quite a lot, but I think I would be more comfortable with a pedestal so I can be a bit more mobile with the placement of the vise.

Thanks.

Sure, that makes sense. However, I looked at the item descriptions and none of them are for use with the Apprentise vise. The stem on the Apprentise is rather thick and I don't know if there are bases out there that will accomodate it. Thanks for the input.

I emailed Renzetti, and they do not offer a pedestal base for the Apprentise. So this takes me back to the original question. Does anyone have an idea for a pedestal base that might work with the Renzetti Apprentise vise?

I know a fly tier that got a custom one built out of a nice peace of marble. Depending on how mobile you want to be you might even consider getting a traveler or using the clamp to stick it on a mobile tying table.

I hope that helps in some way.

S

i am surprised you want a pedestal base? you can put more pressure with out the vice lifting or tipping over with a c clamp alway had the problem of my pedestal doing that any ways just a suggestion good luck and tight lines rhino.................

I emailed Renzetti, and they do not offer a pedestal base for the Apprentise. So this takes me back to the original question. Does anyone have an idea for a pedestal base that might work with the Renzetti Apprentise vise?

Doesnt Renzetti have a machine shop? Amazing! They could do it is a second if they wanted. Measure the dia of the post buy a cheep base and drill it to match.