Fly Tying
letumgo

Buckeye Shiner (Notropis atherinoides/Emerald Shiner)

Actually there are three different bass in the pictures. I caught five bass on this fly yesterday. :) These were the pictures I liked the best.

Ray,

Great pattern that will absolutely kill on the Sea Run Cutthraot here in the salt. There's even more tying for the summer season.

REE

DANG IT IF I DON'T LOVE THE OLD BRONZEES!!!!!!!! Well done, Ray! Looks like a successful field test. Ya got me sold on the pattern! Thank you, sir! -Jamie

Thanks Chris. This pattern has served me very well the past couple seasons. I think your right, the fly could easily pass for a smelt too.

Thought I had commented on this wonderful pattern, Mr Tucker, but had not...let me say "WOW". Great looking fly! Love the profile. Can certainly see why the fish smash it!

Can't argue with success! I'm dredging up this old thread because letumgo, I just used your fly (I got one in a swap) as part of my inspiration in designing a new Emerald Shiner. I'll be ataking pics soon!

Thanks Mark. I look forward to seeing your new Emerald Shiner imitation. This pattern has been good for me for several years now. I am happy to hear that others are tying these as well. Cool.