Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
DDBDMC

Fellow Fly Fisherman & Family in need of a helping hand or two&#33

Hello All,

Last week, a fire destroyed the dining cabin and owners' cabin at a fly fishing camp in King Salmon, Alaska. In the fire they lost all of their fishing equipment. So I'm posting here to see if anyone would be willing to donate any items to the camp. Especially fishing equipment, but flies are also much needed. I'm new at fly tying, so it takes me way longer to complete just one than I'm sure it takes some of you masters and gurus to tie 20. If anyone is interested, please just let me know and I will forward you the contact info. Thanks in advance for your kindness and generosity, in helping fellow fly fishermen/women.

Duckydoty's friend,

DDBDMC

is there a need for a 2 pc 8 foot 6 inch 5 weight i have one sitting around collecting dust and needs a home i will also see if i can drum up other stuff to i will try to get a list together any ways please keep in touch good luck and tight lines rhino.................

ya manage to drum up 3 reels a 7/8 cortland gfr1000 thats 8foot 6 inch a rod i made a 5 weight thats 8 foot 6 inch and a scott sas 10 weight 9 footer a box full of odd flies and tree lines a 5 a 8 and a 10 weight line that about all i got any ways good luck and tight lines rhino.......................

Hey rhino-

Thanks for the reply. Yes, please anything and everything will work, they lost everything. I will send you a PM with the address. When I made this post I wasn't thinking about how to pay for the shipping of any equipment??? I have a couple of ideas, I'll include them in my PM to you. Thanks again, you rock!!!

is there a name of this place???

yeah.... Not that I'm ever unwilling to help out someone in need (I've sort of made a career of it), but isn't this what insurance is for? I don't mean to sound cold hearted.

maybe I misunderstood- is this supposed to be a private camp, or is it part of an outfitter/guide service?

Whats needed in the way of flies??? Not the quickest tier but could certainly try and get some out. Will also look around to see if anything else I may have laying around.

Mike

glad to hear they could use woolly buggers i also sent egg materials and a ton of egg hooks hope they work they were size 12 it's all i had at the time i will se what else i can dig up in the mean time any ways good luck and tight lines rhino.....................

All your efforts and donations are greatly appreciated. Thanks to all who posted and pitched in. Flies and other donations are coming in from all over. It's a great feeling to know there are caring and generous people who are willing to help out total strangers who share common hobbies, past times and passions! Happy tying and fish ON!