Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
jeepclown

Problems with Danvise !?!

i own two danvises, have never had a single problem with either, all my flies are tied on these two vises and i've been wanting another for some time now so with that, heres how much i like the dan, Mr. Beatty , send me your paypal addy by Pm, with a total for a new dan and the big foot base, heres my mailing address for shipment

Bud Guidry

130 east 132nd st.

Galliano, La. 70354

i'll send payment as soon as i hear from you.

Bud

Hey Bud, I meant to ask you a couple weeks ago when you were tying at the Catskill Flyfishing Museum what kind of vise that was.Now I know,been wanting to get a new vise.Heard from Louis who owns the Reynolds House that you had a blast fishing while you were there.Hope you can get back up again.Maby see you next year at the Rockland tying day.Take care.

Hi Bud,

You vise/base are on the way. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

Val, i'll be up in the catskills very soon, again before the years over, the people and place treated me so well. i will try to make plans later this year, most likely in the fall to see for myself how beautiful this place is in the fall as i've heard. i look forward to this trip, i'll try to let friends know when i get up there so we can possibly have a get together to do some tying and fishing together. i still see those beautiful rivers in my mind, they'll haunt me until i can get back up there to hone my skills farther on those beautiful fish. i'm an advid trophy whitetail hunter, i hunt with archery and this trout fishing, to me , ranks right up there with this . it test your skills and patience. my new goal in life is to catch a 20+ inch brown on my Boo so i can watch it swim away from my hands. walk to the wooded bank, find a shady spot to sit alone for awhile and say to myself, life is good.

Al, thank you my friend, we need to get together soon, very soon

Bud

I received the part in the mail for the Danvise. Thank You, Mr. Beatty! I am again up and tying... It felt like a part of me was missing without a working vise!

I would buy a Danvise again for many reasons, but the foremost reason would be that Al Beatty happens to be a moderator on the flytying forum and that he cares about the product! I would recommend to anyone that a Danvise be an excellant choice for their first rotary vise particularly if they have the rare oppurtunity to converse with the vise designer. (I think Mr. Beatty is the designer?)

Hi Chris and Bud,

First Chris I have to set the record straight; my only involvement in the design of the Danvise was offer suggestions on changes to the actual designer Thorkild Damme from Denmark. Also Chris, my name is Al; calling my Mr. Beatty might give me a big head. We can't have that around here now can we? <G>

Bud, I agree. We are long over due for a meeting hopefully over a fly tying vise. Let's see what we can put together. By the way, a package is on the way. Let me know what you think; I threw in a couple of extra items just for the heck of it. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Al Beatty

www.btsflyfishing.com

recieved my new dan vise mounted on an oasis base, wow, i've been tying in the stone age, now i'm high class tying boys. thanks Al

christmas came early

Bud

Yesterday I was entertaining some kids at Church picnic and got a hook stuck in the jaws and could not get it to release by releasing the tension arm. I tried to turn the set screw for the jaws but it snapped off at the head. :o Can it jus be glued back on or will I need to order a part for it and is it easy to replace?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me to correct this. I can always go back to using my old beat-up Herter's vise if I have to.

HEY BUD

OCTOBER IS A GOOD TIME TO COME ...OCT 18 IS THE SEASON O[PENER FOR ARCHERY AND THE TROUT FISHING IS GOOD THEN..I WAS TO GO TO THE CJ08 BUT I ENDED UP GETTING MANDATORIED TO WORK THAT WEEKEND SO I MISSED OUT...IF YOU DO COME UP ID BE INTERESTED IN GETTING TOGETHER WITH YOU SAND SOME OTHERS IF MY SCHEDULE ALOWS..I ONLY LIVE 90 MILES FROM THERE AND MAYBE WE CAN CON THAT OATKA FELLOW TO DOME DOWN TOO.....

MIKE :D

i too have two danvises one for me and one for my wife one also and everything we tie is on them i bought them simply because we both wanted a rotary vise and we could afford two of these when opened i had some concearns with a plastic vise but after a year of use on each we are both very happy with what we got and would gladly buy another. thanks AL for making a great product available at such a great price...

I recently purchased a Danvise, primarily because of the opinions expressed on this forum. Most of the comments I heard were positive comments and any issues seemed to bring an immediate and positive solution from Al or a Danvise owner. I think one of the keys is not to be so anxious to use it that you don't watch the instructional DVD. Like most vises, if the jaws are not properly adjusted bad things can happen, either to the vise or the hook. I have only had mine a short time but it seems to do well on simple patterns and has held up to the challenges of spinning Deer Hair. I hope I can eventually learn to make full use of the rotary feature but so far I'm very pleased with mine.

Spanky

IF YOU DO COME UP ID BE INTERESTED IN GETTING TOGETHER WITH YOU SAND SOME OTHERS IF MY SCHEDULE ALOWS..I ONLY LIVE 90 MILES FROM THERE AND MAYBE WE CAN CON THAT OATKA FELLOW TO DOME DOWN TOO.....

i second that

I third that, but please if you plan something, don't bury the details in a thread I may never check up on again! ;)