Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Big E

Dubbing Containers

Guest Big E

Taking a cue from a video from Oatka, I got some test tubes for my dubbing that was in bags.

I'm not happy with the cheap plastic, snap together holder and at some point plan on getting some wood and drilling some holes in it. I'd like to get enough tubes to hold all the dubbing that I have in compartmentalized boxes, but this will do for now.

Cheers for the idea Oatka.

Looks good....but I can't take credit for the idea, my buddy got the tubes from his mother who is a nurse. Yours look like glass....very classy compared to his plastic ones!

Glad it worked out for you!

;)

Looks like those dubbing containers could double for specimen jars for all those good bugs you find on the river. . . .

I sorta on the fence about this dubbing Idea. I can see getting my fingers caught in them more then any thing. But hay that is my two cents.

tyrite

Guest Big E

Yeah fingers don't work. I dip my bodkin into the tube to tease out a bit of dubbing.

Cool idea. In addition to the standard dubbing dispensers, I also use these stackable containers I got at a craft shop. I drilled holes in them (which you really wouldn't have to do) for easy access.

IPB Image

I use clear plastic coin tubes. You can get them at any hobby store or coin show. I use the quarter size. Easy to label, and you can see what's inside. They have a soft plastic screw-on cap, so you could drill a small hole in the top if you want to.

Those multi day vitamin/pill holders, with individual compartments for each day, work well--especially for travel tying kits. Just drill a hole in the top (side opposite the lid) and they become a miniature version of the big dubbing dispensers.

IPB Image