Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Uploading Images To The Gallery

OK guys I did this tutorial on how to upload a picture to the new photo gallery and then how to use that image in your posts. We have had alot of issues with this stuff recently and this shows how I get it to work, so this should be better than me trying to type out directions. If anyone still has questions feel free to post in this forum or PM me, I'm more that happy to help

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Thanks for the tutorial on images and posts. Does this sequence hold true for the other two sites tied to FTF? I've got the bug to start taking pictures and posting them for a change from plain vanilla posts. The folks on the board will probably scream when I post the 837th picture of my grandsons. Of course, the boys will be flyfishing. Again, thanks.

something else for pics, if theres a pic from another website you want in your post just right click on the image, click "copy image location", and then go to this step of smalliehunter's instructionsuser posted image

Occasionally I'll get an error message when getting a pic from another site. If you really need the pic you have one of 2 options. Create a link to it in your post, or right click the image, click save as, give it a name, and go to step 1 of smalliehunter's instructions. And a note on using others' pics, give them the credit they deserve. Hope this helps someone.

When I follow the instructions to upload, I get a message saying that I must be logged on to upload.

But I am already loged on. I'm confused?

This instructional does not work for me. I am on a Mac and the page looks different on my Safari Browser. There is no "Visit the Photo Gallery" option. Other browsers such as Camino do not show this command either.

silvercreek the photo gallery is no longer available since the change over

I even went to the photogallery section further down under the "links" section and I get the following error messages.

"Warning: include(sources/special/galleryindex.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/willmull/public_html/sources/special.php on line 83

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'sources/special/galleryindex.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/willmull/public_html/ips_kernel/') in /home/willmull/public_html/sources/special.php on line 83"

I tried using the "IMG" and "/IMG" in brackets to post photos but that did not work either.

So how does a person post photos?

Host your picture on a free site such as Imggeshack or photobucket. Then once hosted there copy the URL of the pic. On FTF when you post you will see a little images of a sunset picture in the box above where you type, click that and then in the pop up box that asks for the URL just paste (CTRL & V) the URL from the picture where it is hosted and your done.

Host your picture on a free site such as Imggeshack or photobucket. Then once hosted there copy the URL of the pic. On FTF when you post you will see a little images of a sunset picture in the box above where you type, click that and then in the pop up box that asks for the URL just paste (CTRL & V) the URL from the picture where it is hosted and your done.

will this work from "open to public FaceBook" album pictures also?

I need help! It's almost 1 month now i've been trying to post a picture! Laugh if you want, but my computer & internet skills are next to nothing! I've managed to get the black&white profile photo into the photo gallery on my phone! It's a nightmare to register new rods or reels with hardy on the internet, i need a new pasword all the time cos' the right one dosn't work! I even have 1 reel register twice in two different colours with the same serial number, my friend thinks that is not even posible! I've now gotten as fare as having 2 pics in the photobucket i only found the other day, a parachute adams & a wolly wing mayfly both tied on kamasan b410 #22! What is a url? Can you even post pics with only a samsung smart phone? I dont own a computer! This is doing my head in!!!

did you try GOOGLE for an answer?

type in "posting a photo from cellphone to a forum" and search the results

you could also try exporting your cellphone photos to your photobucket account that you already said you have. then all you have to do is copy the "img" code and post your photo

url = uniform resource locator. its basically the address in the address bar in your browser (the http://www....... stuff)

Yep, or even a young kid, then they can laugh cos' the guy in his 40's dosn't know how to use his smartphone properly!:-) I just went to the photobucket & pressed on the picture to try & see what the url was? A text came up, over 30 000 wemon waiting to marry you! Well i didn't think my fly was that good looking!:-)