Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
maddog48

My Hometown Veteran's Memorial

I just got back from attending a veteran's memorial dedication in my home town.These are just a couple quick pictures I took with a Nikon digital .. nothing fancy. My hometown is about 3500 people and we have veterans traced all the way back to the Revolutionary War when Wisconsin was just a territory. I'm pretty proud of the little town. There's also 6 walls that have the names of everyone that served. Growing up when the Viet Nam wall was a huge issue, it's a very humbling experience for me to be able to read my name as well as my dad's and an uncles, too. Hopefully the pictures will turn out.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

The second picture is the flag of the USAF where I served alongside the POW/MIA flag.

Mike

This picture is a little better than the first one. I believe it's called the on the battle field memorial for fallen comrades.

IPB Image

Mike

Mike, those are some cool pictures. I really like the first one, it says a lot. Thanks for sharing those.

Ashby