Fly Tying
DDRRedneck500

lost: all of my flies

im not sure where to post this but i imagine this seems most appropriate

yesterday at Curtis lake in Garrisonville, Virginia i apparently left my fly bag with ALL of my flies in it (2000 plus) down there. my dad checked back today and he couldn't find it anywhere. im going back there again tommorow to search again. my fly bag/box thing is a green, approximitely 1 foot long by about 8 inches high rectangular. there were multiple containers some clear, 2 green opaque containers, and a single grey opaque continer containing poppers. some of the flies that were in there: a clear container containing all chenille worms, another clear contaner containing all crawdads, oine green one containing various nymphs and a few others, another container containing lots of zonkers, clouers, and a few other bunny streamers, a fairly large one containing some poorly tied dahlburgs, and lots of small minnow imitations, a small clear box of shwapfs, and a few additional boxes containing other flies of which i cannot remember right now. if anyone found it or has any info (say hearing about a friend finding it) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contact me. either pm me, or call me (571)-232-0920. these were ALL the flies ive ever tied minus the ones of lost to snags or fish and about the dozen scattered around my desk. thats almost ALL the flies since i started tying about 2-3 years ago.

thank you for any info.

bad luck- bet you won't ever do that again. Hopefully it will turn up and you can recover some of it.

Sounds as if you have a lot of tying to do....

Unfortunately, this kind of thing happens to almost everyone at some point, and it always sucks. Once I left a very nice camera on top of my wife's car as we were putting our infant son in his carseat and putting other stuff in the car... you can guess the rest. The good thing is, you can re-tie everything, and probably do a better job than the originals.

This happened to me this spring. I took off my fishing vest and put it on the riverbank as I dug out a fly box from a back zipper. Moronically, I then proceeded to fish and forgot my vest there. I went back for it but it was gone. :( I was pretty ticked at that point. :wallbash: But then I began replacing all my stuff with stuff that I always said (If I could do this again I would do it this way). SO it ended up being a great excuse to try a new fly vest, different tools, different boxes, and of course alot more fly tying! NOW I have such a better system going that if I saw someone wearing my fly vest full of stuff, I would scoff at them and show off my now much more efficient (and not nearly as old) attire!!!!!!! :headbang:

You may want to print up some signs and post them around that area in hopes that the person that found the bag would contact you. You may want to include an add in the local paper with your contact information. Hopefully the person that found the bag will return it to you if they know how to contact you.

I write my name and contact information (phone number, e-mail and address) on every one of my fly boxes.

Good luck buddy. :(

I do the same as Ray; name & phone # on the inside lid of my boxes.

Dropped a large "Bug Luggage" box from an unzipped pocket of my vest while on a trip up North, and got a phone call on the way back from a local who had found it. He mailed it to me the next day. I mailed him back a dozen of my favorite patterns.

I really think that most folks are honest out there. Good luck.

I too lost 2 fly boxes a while back. It really sucked but thats how I got into tying my own flies. Contact information is key to all thing you own, fly boxes vest, rod cases, everything. Most fisher people are honestest and even if they are not contact information makes it harder to keep something.

So sorry about your luck. Had some fishing stuff return to the cop shop before. most people are honest,maybe even check some fishing stores too.