Fly Tying
cbinwindsor

Largemouth suggestions.

right now i can't think of many largemouth bass flies that have weedguard that isn't made of mono and protects from algea, and don't have deer hair on em

I know that a Tap's Bug is an awsome bucket mouth fly

How about a surface fly (a frog would be perfect) that floats hook point up. I've got an idea for one I'll post Saturday if I can.

Best fly for the junk here in FL is a white bucktail bendback - plain thread head. You can use an up-eye Khale hook which places the bucktail over the point. The angle of the bend keeps it riding properly without added weight on the shank. If you have fine filamentous algae, sometimes it is impossible to keep things completely free of it.

Also, has anyone found a better way to create a weedless fly than the usual heay mono loop?

Thanks,

CB

The peta fly. Cut the hook off at the bend all the joy of the strike and no harm caused to the fish. :rolleyes: But If you are looking for keel hooks (witch is a good idea!) Fatbluegill.com has some. I think they can be tough to find.

;) Have you tried a weedguard made of music wire instead of mono? its very good for this purpose and comes in small diameters if needed and very easy to form.Give it a try. :)

I use this hook on some of my weedless flies and it works really good. This is a weedless worm hook. When you go to look for them you have to look in the rubber worm hook section. Make sure you get the one without the bump on it. Once you see the one with the bump you will see what I mean.

weedless hook

If you can braid hair you can make one of these. Do a goodle search for gulley worm.

Dan