Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
lykos33

fly shops

OK, here's my question. I will be going to Toronto in late August and then driving back to Cape Breton, Nova Scotia at the end of the month. I have never been inside a real fly shop and I want to know if anyone knows of a good one (or 2 or 3) enroute from Toronto to C.B. Remember this though...it has to be fairly close to the route so my wife don't catch on until I pull into the parking lot.... :D

There is an excellent fly shop in downtown Toronto. Since it wil be your first time in a real fly shop, you will be amazed. Even if it were not your first time in a real fly shop, you would still be amazed.

The name is Wilson's.

http://www.wilsonstoronto.com/

Have a nice time at Wilson's.

Since you will be coming all the way from the Maritimes, I suggest that you visit Bass Pro Shops in Vaughan just north of Toronto (up highway 400). It is in a huge mall and so your wife can shop elsewhere. I think she will be happy. BPS in Vaughan is huge - this is all I can tell because I have not been to the store.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPage?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&appID=94&storeID=11

carp-starter - good luck and have a safe drive back to C.B.

Thanks carp-starter, my sister in law ( a Torontonian) actually said the same thing.So I guess I will be visiting Wilson's for sure!

YEEHAW!!!! I did not get to Wilson's (ended up on the wrong road in Toronto), but I did make out like a bandit! I ended up stopping at the Bass Pro Shop in Vaughn.WOW! Those people have a little of everything. My lovely wife even bought me a nice lil 5wt rig and some extra goodies. Then when I got to my bro in law's place in Perry Sound, he brings out a big box full of all his tying goodies and says'"Enjoy!" I can't say I have all I have ever wanted,( That's because everytime I come on here I see something else I wanna try) I did end up with lot's o' goodies. I can hardly wait to get home to start tying and to try out the new rig....pics to follow! :thumbup: :kicking: :clapping: :yahoo:

Congrats, Lykos. That's awesome that your wife got you a 5 wt. If I weren't happily married, I'd have to ask if she had a sister. :j_k: Have fun with your new outfit and tying stuff.

If you wold like a shop that would have some good flies check out Skevy's Outdoor Specialties In Belleville Ontario on your way home.

tyrite

As promised. the pics of some of the "goodies" I ended up with. I can't say I know what all of them are, especially the capes and feathers, but thanks to this forum I can recognize them when I copy patterns from here...