Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Fred H.

Luna Moth

How did you get it to land on your vise?

Awesome, Fred.

Thats a new approach and a new pattern Fred...............love to see a pic from the side and underside.........you have some great ideas

thanks for sharing..........

Mike................... B)

Very cool fly Fred, but I don't think your photo does this one justice. I took a look at the extra photo you posted in the pattern database and I think that photo shows the fly better. Can you take a picture of the fly outside in better light?

PS - I've also been experimenting with using the FedEx envelop material in flies. It is very durable (the stuff is almost impossible to tear) and it takes color from a marker very well. I made up a set of small caddis wings last week that looked interesting.

Thanks for the comments all.

Ray thanks for the addvice about taking the pic in natural light. I'll be doing more that way for sure.

Fred

Fred, every "realistic" you post gets more interesting & challenging. Where are you going to be this time next year, let alone next month. I suppose the next thing could be the incorporation of micro-motors/ servo's & the like.

I'd hate to be a fish anywhere near you.

Thanks Arkle and Glen. I dont know about motors and servos but I will be experimenting more with wire to make my realistics at least poseable. I think it would be cool to make a stop animatiom film with two mantis flies fighting to the death or two spiders fighting over a meal.