Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
stony

Superfly 2008

I am pretty excited. Myself and a good friend of mine have entered the Superfly tournament this year.

http://www.gunnisontu.org/superfly/index.htm

It's going to be an awesome time and we are really looking forward to it.

My current flies that I am thinking on are a #12 BH Prince and a #16 BH Prince. Can't think of the other heat yet but I am thinking that the BHP are tried and true.

Any ideas?

Stony , I can't offer you any fly selection advice. But I would like to wish you the best of luck.

Looks awesome Stony! I would certainly use search general patterns.

If it were me I would go with a Taks Go2 Prince instead of a regular prince, since it is more suggestive and there for a wider appeal. For the second fly I would go with a Mister Clean, again general suggestive nymph that is big and meaty...basically an oversized soft hackle. Likely in sizes 16 and 10 or 12

Good luck man!

Thanks. This is going to be a blast.

Taks Go2 Prince

Mister Clean

Where can I find a pattern for those?

The BHP that I have been working on is a little variation. Different colored wires and soft hackle behind the bead.

Testing everything but just haven't found the perfect fly yet. I am trying to incorporate subtle movement in it, hence the soft hackle. Not into the rubber leg thing though.

The thing that makes it really tricky is the area we will be fishing is mainly private. Can't go out there and pre-fish. Still hitting different areas of the Gunnison though.

Heading out tomorrow to do a little pre-fishing and then Saturday...................it's on.

Wish me luck guys. I'll definitely need it.

We finished 4th overall. What a fun tournament. Absolutely awesome. My partner won the top rod award too for having the most inches of fish as an individual and won a brand new orvis helios. talk about a prize.

Other than that, completely fun and I never lost my flies.