Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
k4collins

Caribou Hair Dry Flies

Hello All - I am looking for a source for dyed caribou hair. I can find it natural, but does anyone know of a vendor that sells it already dyed?

many thanks!!

:) Chris Helms will probably dye it just about any color you want. Min amount would most likely be required.

Great news guys! :yahoo: Thanks much! Had quite a bit of success on the Bonaventure a couple of weeks ago! While up there struck up a conversation with one of the guides about dry flies.... his bombers were MUCH lighter than mine and landed MUCH softer on the water. He said the biggest difference is that he ties all of his with Caribou! The difference is really amazing!

Thanks for the lead, and I'll post a few when I've tied them... already started getting ready for NEXT august!!

Tight Lines! ~ Ken

I use caribou for my bombers. It floats much better then deer IMO. Although the hair is a little more underfur, and is a bit thinner therefore easier to cut through with the thread. Also I seem to go through an awful lot! lol.

The only two colours I use are natural (in various shades) and dyed green for Green Machines.

phil

i agree chris helms is a great retailer,he will talk with u over the phone abd get u exacly what u need.I've always been pleased

shane wv