Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
ILikeFish

First Fork

I usually make a trip out there every may to fish, but I am taking a weekend trip in a few weeks to do some fishing. Anyone know what type of hatches I can expect? or should I plan on fishing Hoppers and the such.

Thanks in advance for any input

Hopefully we will get some rain by then as right now the" Fork "is pretty low.But ants,beetles and hoppers will still be your best bet on the surface.Probably won't see much for hatches other than BWO's or maby Trico's.If the water is up to normal level streamer's such as muddler's or white marabou's will also work.Good Luck

I thank you for the response, have you been getting any of this rain the past couple of days? I'm down in Lancaster, and we got pounded on Saturday. Hopefully it rains BEFORE I get up there and not during, haha.

We had lite rain here yesterday,not enough to help the streams.Didn't have any of the heavy stuff from "gustav",most of that was in the eastern half of the state.We need alot more rain.The little native brookie streams are looking pretty pathetic also.