Fly Tying
mswaterfowler

What is the weirdest thing you have ever caught while fishing?

Sad and scary but true:

While trolling for snook and tarpon the Rio Panuco in Tamaulipas, Mexico, some 40 years ago, I snagged a drowned human corpse!!!!!!!!!! At first we thought it was a submerged tree branch and reversed course to retrieve the lure but it turned out to be a male corpse. The poor guy had drowned 3 days before after falling in the river while zigzagging home drunk.

The worst part was dragging the corpse back to the dock and dealing with the local authorities.

And the smell!!!!!!!!!!! UGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:( :( :( :( :( :(

And............................................ WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

Zarabanda, that must have been awful to see. But I think it's the winner.

The winner receives a Coronita and a tequila shot.....

I caught an 18" Hellbender on a black woolly bugger crawled along the bottom, in a stream that flows into the Allegheny in Pennsylvania. Slimy as hell but the smell didn't compare to Zarabanda's fishin' buddy.

It's funny that this thread is currently going on and today I caught this in Bluffton, South Carolina:

IPB Image

I was spin fishing and it up up quite the fight! My buddy and I didn't exactly know our sea turtles but we're assuming it's a Loggerhead. I didn't want to break it off because I'd feel really guilty having a sea turtle swimming around with my hook in its flipper. So I fought it for about 15 minutes, finally got him to the yak (after my first sleigh ride) and grabbed its back flipper. Seeing that I didn't want a chunk taken out of my leg I kept his head in the water. Much to my surprise the hook popped right out, snapped the picture and sent it on its way!

The wierdest thing? My car. On a back cast. Forgot how close I was.

Nailed myself a few times on windy days too.

Thank God for barbless!!

3 basketballs in one day. And they were in the water. I just would reel in and they would be on my hook, deflated. We filld them up and shot some hoops after fishing was over.

caught a Bat once, on the Willowemoc, just upstream of the CFFC&M and Wulff Run. THAT was weird. :D mark..... ;)

i once caught a huge live octipus.... i know thats not amazing..... what is amazing is that it had a rod attached to it and still in tact...... the rod had been there long enough for it to start rotting but the real was fine....... weird ay

a whale shark. fishing a rig off mississippi canyon and a whale shark was swimming around the rig, my line got tangled in his tail. no i didn't bring him in, he swam away and never noticed i had him hooked up.

Bud

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.