Fly Tying
uffepuffe

Transparent shrimp

Okey I had a go at a fishable shrimp pattern. Wasn't sure where to post it, so I guess here's the best place! :)

Looking at Henrik Agerskovs honey shrimp but I wanted to do something much smaller and more like our "tångräkor" and almost make it transparent in apperance. It turned out okey... was dammed hard taking photos of it though! :rolleyes:

IPB Image

IPB Image

nice looking pattern,probably better in saltwater section. not very realistic but should catch fish.

I guess fred and I aren't looking at the same fly because this is a fantastic repo of the mysis freshwater shrimp we use in Mi. and PA. just my opinion B)

Sorry didn't mean to sound critical. It is a very nice pattern as I said.

Thanks alott guys! I tied it to use for the sea trout we have here in the Baltic sea.

The hook is a size 12 TMC200R legs are cler rubber legs, the whole thing is dubbed with pearl angel hair and the back is crystal skinn which is ribbed with mono.

Fred, no problem I didn't take offense at all!

Ulf

That is one of the best shrimp patterns I've seen tied. I bet it would look great with a pink latex coat instead of the clear - or maybe light pink dubbing. So many options and so real looking.

What size is that fly? It might be difficult to tie in size 22 or 24 for the fish here in CO.

Thank you very much Brandon!

I am also thinking of a pink version, every sea trout expert I have talked to has said that I have to have a pink version also :)

This one is tied on a size 12 TMS 200R (terrestrial hook) with a tungsten strip on the top of the shank making it go upside down.... I think I might be able to tie it down a size or two, but 22 or 24.... well now that's just insane! :)

Cheers!

Ulf

That looks slick indeed! What are the antennae made of? They have an interesting texture to them.